- Viable client emerges to lead rail PPP revolution. // Public Private Finance;Oct2002, Issue 67, p6
Reports on the modernization program of Network Rail for Great Britain's rail infrastructure. Use of special purpose vehicles; Financing of the project.
- Northern Ireland orders CAF DMUs. // Modern Railways;May2009, Vol. 66 Issue 728, p7
The article reports on an order signed by Northern Ireland transport operator Translink and the Department for Regional Development for three-car diesel multiple units from CAF of Spain. For 2010-2011, the government allocates Â£137 million to the rail network. Other railway government...
- Amtrak, States Ask U.S. for Infrastructure Funds. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/30/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31916, p4
Reports that Amtrak and a group of state transportation officials asked Congress to provide money over five years to help fund rail infrastructure projects in corridors around the nation. Amtrak's five-year plan to improve the quality of the national railroad's infrastructure; Components of the...
- Getting CREATE-ive. Prince, Ted // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/11/2006, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p34
The author criticizes the U.S. surface transportation bill SAFETEA-LU and cites that the Chicago Region Environment and Transportation Efficiency project received less funding than anticipated. He believes that providing transportation infrastructure is one of the most democratic functions of...
- Northern growth 'checked by poor transport'. Hayman, Allister // Regeneration & Renewal;2/29/2008, p9
The article focuses on the findings of the study regarding transport policy for Northern England, conducted by the Institute for Public Policy Research North. The report states that Northern England needs major changes to its transport infrastructure to support its economy. In addition, it...
- IoD calls for 'greater sense of urgency' on UK transport. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;11/5/2004, p16
Reports that business leaders are urging the government to improve transport infrastructure in Great Britain. Statistics cited by the Institute of Directors showing that the railways are a particular transportation problem; Percentage of respondents who support the widespread introduction of...
- $190 billion outlay biggest ever. // World Trade;May2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that the Chinese government will invest $190 billion into the country's rail network and add over 10,000 miles of new track as part of its 11th Five-Year Plan. It is considered the biggest infrastructure investment in the history of China. A serious shortage of freight trains...
- Will Proposition 40 deliver on its promises? Wright, Don A. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/1/2002, Issue 322897, p3
Focuses on the Proposition coming from the California Farm Bureau Federation for agricultural interest in San Francisco, California. Inclusions of propose project plans; Significance of the proposals on the health and quality of life; Implication of the project to the efficiency of implementation.
- Building a better New Jersey. // Business News New Jersey;12/06/99, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p22
Editorial. Comments on the need for New Jersey to maintain and improve its infrastructure of roads, rails, bridges, ports and other basics of economic life. Concerns raised about sources of funds; Danger of becoming a state of gridlock.