Ex-Moody's Officer Picked for MBIA Board
- Moody's Hires Brad Spielman as Health Care VP in San Francisco. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;10/19/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32490, p35
The article reports on the appointment of Brad Spielman as vice president in the financial services office of Moody's Investors Service Inc. in San Francisco, California. He is delegated to work in the health care depth issues under the supervision of its senior vice president and team leader...
- Balancing acts. Raymond, Doug // Directors & Boards;2008 1st Quarter, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on the study conducted by Moody's Investors Service Inc. regarding the importance of balancing the virtue of independence and the strength of knowledge and experience of the directors in corporate governance. The study shows that the balance of perspectives has significant...
- Moody's Upgrades MBIA's National Insurer Unit to Baal. CHIN, TONYA // Bond Buyer;5/23/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33917, p3
The article reports that the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the ratings of National Public Finance Guarantee Corp. and the financial service company MBIA Inc. as they resolved their soured mortgage-backed securities deals.
- MBIA Says it Can Cover GIC Termination Payments. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;9/23/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32967, p7
The article reports on the ability of MBIA Inc. to meet any potential termination payments on its insured guaranteed investment contracts in the U.S. If Moody's Investors Service Inc. downgrades MBIA Insurance Corp.'s A2 rating to a multiple-notch, it could require termination payments of up to...
- MBIA, Ambac Answer Moody's Warnings on Mortgage Securities. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32876, p6
The article reports that MBIA Inc. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. have countered the statement of Moody's Investors Service that further deterioration in second-lien mortgage securities could put pressure on the bond insurers' capital levels. Both claimed that capital levels are adequate for...
- MBIA, Assured Guaranty's Exposures to Puerto Rico Bonds Manageable: Moody's. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
MBIA and Assured Guaranty will be able to absorb possible losses on the electric authority, PREPA, bonds they insure without significant pressure on their credit profiles, however more systemic defaults by Puerto Rico would exert meaningful negative pressure, according to a report from Moody's...
- Big Problem, But For How Many? Bizouati, Yaël // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/25/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the analysis regarding the deterioration in the credit risk profiles of financial guarantors conducted by the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. in the U.S. It states that the impact of the cuts imposed by MBIA Inc. and Ambac Inc. may have implications for about...
- Moody's downgrades MBIA. Gallagner, Patrick // Westchester County Business Journal;12/26/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 52, p3
The article reports on the Moody's Investors Service's downgrading of MBIA Inc. and its subsidiary National Public Finance Guarantee Corp. despite its settlement with securities firm Morgan Stanley on December 13, 2011.
- Moody's Renee Boicourt To Leave Next Month. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;9/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31965, p36
Reports on the resignation of Renee Boicourt as managing director of Moody's Investors Service. Reasons for the resignation.