Cook County President Lauds Outgoing Comptroller
- Cook County's Knorr to Become University CFO. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p6
The article reports on the resignation of Cook County Comptroller Walter Knorr to become chief financial officer for the University of Illinois in Illinois. According to Bill Figel, a spokesman for Cook County Board President Todd Stroger, Knorr will leave his post once the county completes its...
- Back to the Public Sector. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31856, p1
Reports on Citigroup Global Markets Inc. executive Walter Knorr's return to the public sector as comptroller for Cook County, Chicago. Refusal of county officials to comment on the hiring; Knorr's former job as chief financial officer for Chicago.
- PEOPLE. // Voice & Data;Nov2015, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p73
The article announces career moves in Indian telecommunication industry including the appointments of M. F. Farooqui as chairman for Broadband India Forum (BIF) and Sharad Mehrotra as chief executive officer (CEO) of Telenor India, and election of John Chambers as U.S. India Business Council...
- Cisco CEO guest for tech lunch. // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/17/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p6
Reports the discussion of John Chambers, chief executive officer of Cisco Systems Inc. on the building of the northeast Ohio digital infrastructure. View of Chambers on technology; Importance of technology in the making of digital infrastructure.
- Stroger's fiscal austerity plan starts with a whimper. // Crain's Chicago Business;05/12/97, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p10
Opinion. Reports on the proposal of John Stroger, president of the Cook County Board in Chicago, Illinois to the General Assembly and Governor Jim Edgar on the early retirement of county and Forest Preserve employees. Information on the county government deficit for fiscal 1998.
- Ex-county chief John Stroger dies. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/21/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p12
The article presents an obituary for John Stroger, the first black president of Cook County Board.
- OCC Appoints Taft to Oversee Credit Risk. Nemeroff, Evan // Americanbanker.com;4/01/2015, p1
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency appointed Richard Taft to be its next deputy comptroller for credit risk.
- Bandwidth Booster. Cantwell, Rebecca // Interactive Week;12/11/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p72
Deals with the decision of John Chambers, chief executive officer of Cisco Systems Inc. to install his own T1 line in his home. Implication of the experience of Chambers in installing the line; Statement from Chambers.
- Is IoT a chance beyond the dreams of avarice? // Electronics Weekly;1/22/2014, Issue 2573, p10
The article discusses the potential of the internet-of-things (IoT) market for growth in future, as addressed by Cisco chief executive officer (CEO) John Chambers.