DOWN AT THE FILM UNIT
- Onsite f/xers cut coin. Stalter, Katharine // Variety;4/1/96, Vol. 362 Issue 9, p50
Focuses on a strategy by director Peter Jackson, that could create a substantial volume of high-resolution effects at a low price. Information on the effects studio and his film `The Frighteners'; Comments from Jackson.
- N.Z. prod'n unit may go to helmer Jackson. Groves, Don // Variety;10/05/98, Vol. 372 Issue 8, p20
Deals with the speculations that director Peter Jackson will buy the Film Unit company. Plans of Television New Zealand for Film Unit; Relationship of Jackson with Film Unit.
- Studio 5 part of bigger picture for HVS. // Onfilm;Sep2007, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the opening of the new soundstage of Henderson Valley Studios (HVS) in New Zealand. Greg Parker, chief executive of Waitakere Properties, cites that talks are continuing about two more soundstages of similar scale being built that would give HVS the capacity to service...
- Hollywood's New King Kong. Pulley, Brett // Forbes Global;7/5/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p42
Features filmmaker Peter Jackson. Personal background; Information on the construction of a studio and postproduction site; Plans for the production of the film "King Kong."
- Monitor. Soll, Lindsay // Entertainment Weekly;5/11/2007, Issue 933, p20
The article presents various news briefs concerning people in the entertainment industry. Actress Keisha Castle-Hughes and her boyfriend, Bradley Hull, had their first child born on April 25, 2007. Director Peter Jackson is reportedly looking for a motion picture studio to produce his motion...
- HELMERS PITCH PIX. Fleming, Michael; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;5/3/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the major budget and control issues concerning the film projects of movie directors Peter Jackson and Michael Mann in the U.S. Jackson will direct the film "The Lovely Bones," while Mann will direct an untitled period drama starring Leonardo DiCaprio. It was noted that...
- Paper chase costs New Line in court. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;9/24/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 59, p1
The article discusses U.S. Magistrate Steven Hillman's ruling wherein New Line Cinema Corp. has been ordered to pay $125.000 to filmmaker Peter Jackson. Hillman noted that New Line failed to present documents of Lord of the Ring films' revenue in lieu of Jackson's allegations that he had not...
- TOP FACILITIES. // Digital Content Producer;Oct2008, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p44
The article lists the top production and post houses in the U.S., including Bombastic, Brickyard VFX, and the National Ministry of Design.
- Keatings' other projects delay Black Mountain Studios. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;08/17/98, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p24
Reports that the construction of Black Mountain Studio in Henderson, Nevada has been delayed due to the developers' other projects. Rescheduling of the ground breaking phase; Agreement between the studios and the City of Henderson to purchase the entire land.