DOWN AT THE FILM UNIT
- Paper chase costs New Line in court. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;9/24/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 59, p1
The article discusses U.S. Magistrate Steven Hillman's ruling wherein New Line Cinema Corp. has been ordered to pay $125.000 to filmmaker Peter Jackson. Hillman noted that New Line failed to present documents of Lord of the Ring films' revenue in lieu of Jackson's allegations that he had not...
- TOP FACILITIES. // Digital Content Producer;Oct2008, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p44
The article lists the top production and post houses in the U.S., including Bombastic, Brickyard VFX, and the National Ministry of Design.
- Keatings' other projects delay Black Mountain Studios. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;08/17/98, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p24
Reports that the construction of Black Mountain Studio in Henderson, Nevada has been delayed due to the developers' other projects. Rescheduling of the ground breaking phase; Agreement between the studios and the City of Henderson to purchase the entire land.
- Open Channel still going at 21. Courtis, Brian // Variety;8/19/96 Supplement, Vol. 365 Issue 3, p42
No abstract available.
- Levee Board shouts `action' on new studio. Parent, Tawn // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/4/95, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p13
Reports on the construction plan for a communications and movie studio complex in the New Orleans Lakefront in Louisiana. Budget for the project; Features of the complex; Revenue expectations from the movie studios.
- New APPS group holds inaugural meeting. Sillitoe, Sue // Pro Sound News;Jun97, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p3
Presents information on the inaugural meeting of the APPS (Audio Post Production Studios) Group, at De Lane Lea Studios in London. Details on topics discussed at the meeting; Information on how companies can join the APPS.
- Film and video production houses. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/11/94 Supplement Lists, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p146
Presents a list of film and video production houses in Louisiana. Number of full-time employees; Three recent local projects; Areas of specialization; Contact information.
- Good-bye Hollywood, hello Hamptons? Moynahan, Mary Kaye // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/13/95, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the Suffolk County Motion Picture and Television Commission and Foundation's plan to construct a movie studio at the Northrop Grumman facility at Calverton Airport in Westhampton Beach, New York. Amount infused by movie making into Long Island, New York's economy; Excitement of...
- Risky businesses. Kilday, Gregg; Thompson, Anne // Entertainment Weekly;10/28/94, Issue 246, p29
Focuses on the top eight movie studios in Hollywood, California. How they have survived the wave of shake-ups in 1994; Potential blockbuster movies; Company assets; Possible risks; Warner Bros.; Disney/Touchstone/Hollywood; Paramount; MCA/Universal; Twentieth Century Fox; New Line Cinema;...