EXCLUSIVE: THE LUCAS POV
- VES AWARDS. // Millimeter;Mar2004, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p26
Highlights the Visual Effects Society (VES) awards night in Los Angeles, California. Presentation of the Lifetime Achievement Award to George Lucas; Bestowal of the Board of Directors VES Award to outgoing VES executive director Tom Atkin; Recognition of John Gaeta and George Borshukov for ther...
- AND THE DCA GOES TOâ€¦. Ellingson, Annlee // Boxoffice;Apr2006, Vol. 142 Issue 4, p138
The article highlights the first annual Digital Cinema Awards presented during the International Digital Film Forum held at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco from February 3-6, 2006. XDC, a distributor of digital cinema, is the organizer of Digital Cinema Awards dedicated to recognize individuals who...
- Space Cowboy. Kung, Michelle; Tulich, Katherine // Entertainment Weekly;6/24/2005, Issue 826/827, p33
Reports on the recognition given by the American Film Institute, presenting its 33rd Life Achievement Award to "Star Wars" director George Lucas.
- Cinema Space. // Inside Film;Aug2010, Issue 134, p29
The article focuses on the adoption of digital cinema projection by filmmakers James Cameron and George Lucas in the U.S.
- Star Wars: Attack of the Digital Clones. White, Roy B. // Time;
Discusses the possibility that by shooting the motion picture 'Star Wars: Episode II--Attack of the Clones' entirely with digital cameras, George Lucas may have made it easier for pirates to copy the movie and distribute it online. Protections used by Lucas regarding the releases sent to...
- STAR WARS EPISODE II. Blake, Larry // Mix;Jun2002, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p84
Focuses on the use of sound effects in the film 'Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones,' directed by George Lucas. Use of digital technology in filming of the movie; Digital equipment used in the movie's production; Production sound for high-definition film production; Picture editing;...
- Honoree paved way for Bay Area digital wellspring. Cohen, David S. // Daily Variety;4/26/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 18, pA3
The article features the US-based Industrial Light & Magic (ILM). The company was founded by George Lucas, cinematic pioneer. Since the foundation of the company, the filmmaking community has changed in the 30-odd years. The Bay Area is one of the world capitals of digital filmmaking. According...
- Lawrence Noble, Lawrence halprin and George Lucas awarded the Henry Hering Memorial Medal for Art and Architecture. // NSS News Bulletin;May/Jun2014, p9
The article announces that filmmaker George Lucas, landscape architect Lawrence Halprin and sculptor Lawrence Noble have been awarded the Henry Hering Memorial Medal for Art and Architecture presented by the National Sculpture Society.
- Kudos update. // Daily Variety;2/7/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 27, p2
The article announces that film director George Lucas will receive the NAACP Vanguard Award at the 43rd annual Image Awards and Alexander Payne with the American Cinema Editors' Golden Eddie filmmaker of the year award at the 62nd annual ACE Eddie Awards.