Pay procedures and voluntary turnover: Does procedural justice matter?
- Fear of quitting. Dominus, Susan // Glamour;Jul95, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p57
Focuses on women's fears and anxieties related to quitting a job. Fear of losing office relationships and offending the boss; Preparation of a letter of resignation; Ways of informing the boss about the decision to quit.
- Financial and Mental Readiness for Exit Planning. Grieshaber, Bruce // Business Journal (Central New York);7/29/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p6
The article offers the author's discussion on financial and mental preparation for exit planning in various businesses.
- Wanting it all. Sandford, Debbie // Management Today;Aug2001, p37
Presents an advisory on answering questions from acquaintances on the decision to resign. Questions usually asked by friends; Reactions from friends; Impact of resignation on employees.
- Pros & Cons of Pay for Performance. Hays, Scott // Workforce;Feb99, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p68
Evaluates the effectiveness of pay for performance programs. Examples of incentive programs of various companies; Effects of rewards in achieving corporate goals; Role of rewards in motivating employees.
- BU labor dispute escalates. // American Libraries;Nov95, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p1000
Describes the basis of the contract negotiations going on between the librarian bargaining unit at Boston (Mass.) University Library and management. How the merit raise enhances professional status by rewarding exceptional performance; Complaint filed by District 925 of the Service Employment...
- The Impact of Different Job Dimensions toward Job Satisfaction and Tendency to Leave: A study of pharmaceutical industry in Iran. Manafi, Mahmoud; Gheshmi, Reza; Hojabri, Roozbeh // International Journal of Business & Social Science;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p183
This research associates to the basic literature on the six factors on job satisfaction and tendency to quit job in several methods. First of all, chance that these job factors became a basic role to determine job satisfaction and tendency to leave from sales person in Iran in pharmaceutical...
- Talent will take off, but be proud to be a launchpad. Cleveland, Bart // Advertising Age;6/25/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 26, p18
The author offers opinions on how small advertising agencies recruit and nurture employees. The graduates of leading college and university advertising schools naturally gravitate towards large agencies, making recruitment a painstaking process for smaller ones. In addition, the best young...
- MERIT PAY? BARBIERI, RICHARD // Independent School;Fall2012, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p50
The article discusses merit pay for teachers in the U.S., or pay based on student performance, and the role of the attitudes of an independent school's board of trustees in determining school policy. Employment psychology theories developed by researcher Edgar Schein are discussed, and teachers'...
- Something rotten. Heath, Iona // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/27/2007, Vol. 335 Issue 7625, p855
This article comments on how money is changing physicians in Great Britain and blames changes by the National Health Service (NHS) for the lack of professionalism. The pay for performance bonus has shown that money can change behavior, or the reporting of it, but the author feels this is a loss...