Scholastic Education Division Improves On Read 180 Sales
- Financial Briefs ... // Electronic Education Report;10/15/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p8
The article reports on revenues generated by New York-based Scholastic Corp.'s Educational Publishing division. The division generated $118.2 million in revenue in the first quarter of its fiscal 2004, ended August 31, up 12% from the same quarter last year. Also, Scholastic Red, the...
- Ed Tech and Books Help Power Growth at Scholastic Education in Fiscal 2014. // Educational Marketer;7/25/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p1
The article discusses the factors that contributed to growth for publishing firm Scholastic in fiscal year 2014. Topics discussed include the impact of strong sales from Scholastic's classroom magazine, classroom book, and Educational Technology and Services (ETS) segment. It mentions that MATH...
- Scholastic counts on Potter's magic. Jain, Anita // Crain's New York Business;5/19/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p1
This article reports that a leading publisher of children's books, Scholastic Inc., like other publishers, has been hurt by a weak economy, a general slowdown in book sales and a pullback in education spending. The company Scholastic Inc. is depending on the release of the latest Harry Potter...
- Scholastic Looks for Growth From Stimulus. // Electronic Education Report;7/27/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p1
The article focuses on the business performance of New York-based company Scholastic Inc in fiscal 2009 which ended in March 31. It states that the company revenue reduced 14.3% from 2008, however, it is expecting for improvement in educational publishing in fiscal 2010 due to the impact of the...
- Scholastic, Peoples Education See Revenue Growth in Q3. // Educational Marketer;4/14/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the growth in revenue of K-12 supplemental publishers Scholastic Supplementary Publishing and Peoples Education in the U.S. in the fiscal third quarter of 2007. Scholastic Educational Publishing has reported a revenue increase by 4.7 percent compared to the previous year...
- Improved Period Keeps Scholastic on Track in '05. Jim, Milliot // Publishers Weekly;12/20/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 51, p14
Reports on the financial performance of the Scholastic publishing group for the second quarter of 2004 ended November 30. Increase in net income due to the strength showed by its educational publishing division; Decline in the children's book publishing and distribution group; Increase in...
- Research round-up. // Education (14637073);2/25/2005, Issue 170, p6
Presents information on the journals related to education that were received by the Education Publishing Co. Ltd. as of February 2005.
- Technology Sales Drive Scholastic Ed. Revenue Growth in Q1. // Educational Marketer;9/28/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p7
The article reports on the growth in the business revenue of Educational Publishing Co. which increased by 29 percent to 148.7 million dollars for the first quarter of 2009 in the U.S.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/04/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p6
Reports on the financial performance of the publishers in the U.S. Growth of publishing revenues by Scholastic Corp.; Amount of the operating income; Annual sales of Amazon.com Inc.