Proponents Of Hands-On Science Instruction Win The Battle, But Maybe Not The War, In California
- Portable Probeware: Science education's next frontier. Stager, Gary // Curriculum Administrator;Mar2000, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the use of probeware for science education. Opportunities offered by software; Two types of probes; Companies offering microcomputer-based laboratory systems; Portability of probeware; Profile of some available products.
- Texas and California Plan Joint Adoption Of Science Textbooks. West, Peter // Education Week;7/31/1991, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p1
The article reports that to advance science education reform across the U.S., officials from California and Texas have agreed to send a common message to educational publishers by jointly adopting science textbooks. This action is expected to begin with 7th-grade textbooks in 1994 and will...
- TEACHING SCIENCE BEYOND TEXTBOOKS. Sondhi, Alicia // ForeWord Reviews;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p22
The article offers strategies in teaching science to school children beyond the traditional science curriculum. It suggests that educators supplement the traditional textbooks with books that appeal to students' curiosity to help them learn concepts, methodology, and vocabulary. Publishers such...
- Resource review. Seidel, Glen // Australian Science Teachers Journal;Dec96, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p5
Evaluates the science profile assessment kit, CIP.A.K, developed by science teacher David Greig. Activities included in the kit; Adaptation of the individual school Science curricula to conform with the Science Statement and Profile; Contact information.
- Resource reviews. Seidel, Glen // Australian Science Teachers Journal;Dec96, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p65
Evaluates the science profile assessment kit, Science Teaching and Resources, by David Greig. Activities included in the kit; Assessment of individual student progress; Adaptation of individual science curricula to conform with the Science Statement and Profile.
- The science kit advantage. Ashford, C. Pamela // Science Scope;Mar95, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p75
Presents instructions in compiling take-home science kits. Benefits in science teaching from the kits; Precautions in preparing the kit; Problems in creating the kits.
- Colorful kits. // Science Scope;Mar95, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p77
Presents suggested science kits. Aid for teaching the color of light; Density of liquid; Includes investigative questions; Necessary materials; Procedure of the experiment.
- Virtual visionaries. Viadero, Debra // Teacher Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the ScienceSpace program by researchers at George Mason University, the University of Houston and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) which aims to design virtual reality programs that enhance the teaching of science concepts. Design of MaxwellWorld program;...
- Resource reviews. Earl, Stewart // Australian Science Teachers Journal;Jun97, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p61
Reviews the educational material `SCIP.A.K.--Science Profile Assessment Kit,' by David Greig.