A Crowded Race
- Montana's Tight Race for Governor Heating Up. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p7
Focuses on the battle for the Montana governor's office between Republican Bob Brown and Democrat Brian Schweitzer. Decision of Republican incumbent Governor Judy Martz not to run for a second term; Political campaign platform of each candidate.
- DGA chairman: 2010 rough for incumbents. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;11/17/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 136, p27
The article reports on the statement of Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer as chairman of the Democratic Governors Association (DGA) that official candidates are likely to have rough times on 2010 in the U.S.
- RACES FOR GOVERNOR: MONTANA. // American Teacher;Nov2004, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p16
Features Montana gubernatorial candidate Brian Schweitzer. Civic activities; Party affiliation; Political platform.
- Politics 2000. Gizzi, John // Human Events;12/15/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 46, p14
Deals with the November 7, 2000 election in the United States. Outcome of Bob Brown's campaign against House Speaker Hal Harper for the Montana secretary of state position; Information on the campaign of Democratic candidate Brian Schweitzer; Election of Republican Lieutenant Governor Judy Martz.
- MONTANA. Marston, Betsy // High Country News;8/22/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 15, p24
This article reports on the political career of Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer. It notes that the more he insists he is not interested in being the Democratic candidate for president, the more the press asks him if he is running. According to Howard Dean, chairman of the Democratic National...
- Montana Senate race on ice as Schweitzer weighs making a run. Joseph, Cameron // Hill;6/18/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 73, p13
The article focuses on the decision of former Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer regarding his candidacy for the 2014 U.S. election.
- MONTANA. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Dec2007, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p24
The article reports that Montana State Senator Roy Brown appears to be the Republicans' choice to try to unseat popular Governor Brian Schweitzer. Brown has embarked on a 50-town tour after announcing his candidacy. Although his candidacy is perceived to be difficult, state experts claim Brown...
- Letters. Luther, Rita; Mills, Robert L.; Roberts, Keith; Condon, Bill; Dennison, Mike; Ross, Jeffrey; Miller, Deborah; Glastris, Paul; Sirota, David // Washington Monthly;Mar2005, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p2
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "Bob in Paradise," which focused on journalist Bob Novak; "Partly Sunny," which discussed U.S. President George W. Bush's environmental initiative Clear Skies; "Top Billings," which centered on the...
- Raining on Burns' fire. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;08/28/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 36, p60
Reports on campaign activities of Democratic rancher Brian Schweitzer to win the United States Senate seat of Montana's incumbent Republican Senator Conrad in November 2000. Fund-raising advantage of Burns; Media coverage for Schweitzer. INSET: Six for the Senate.