- Civil service general strike in Morocco. // Anarcho-Syndicalist Review;Summer2009, Issue 52, p7
The article reports on civil service general strikes being called by the Moroccan Workers' Union, the Democratic Workers' Organization and the Democratic Workers' Federation due to the collapse of wage talks with the government in Morocco. It states that workers demanded an additional 20% rise...
- Government. Bornstein, Leon // Monthly Labor Review;Aug70, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p80
Focuses on wage increases and other benefits for government employees in several American states. Wage increase for state employees in Virginia effective July 1, 1970; Cost-of-living increase for employees of the State of Wisconsin; Wage hike provided by the agreements signed by the Tennessee...
- Wage for public-work program employees raised to HUF 75,500 a month. // Hungary A.M.;01/03/2013, p6
The article announces a 5.2 percent increase in the monthly wage of full-time public-work program employees in Hungary effective January 1, 2013.
- GOVERNMENT. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/14/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 47, p6
The article reports on the increase in wages of government workers in Indianapolis, Indiana following the move of Mayor Greg Ballard to include $3 million in the city's 2013 budget for the raises.
- Tax dollars at work â€¦ or are they? Korris, Nejolla // Edmontonians;Sep2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p7
The article offers information on the salary increase of the government employees and their taxation policies in Canada.
- County raises. // East Bernard Express (TX);8/24/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 35, p2
The article deals with the approval of a four percent increase for county elected officials and employees by Austin County Commissioners in Bellville, Texas. The decision to approve the wage increase proposal was prompted by rising living costs. Neighboring counties also passed wage increase...
- Pay rises spark anger. Ward, Seamus; Harding, David // Public Finance;01/30/98, p2
Deals with the issue of pay rises for public sector workers in Britain. Expected salary increases for nurses and teachers, doctors and dentists; Dates of implementation of the salary increase; Warning about the difficulty of funding above-inflation pay rises from efficiency savings; Comments of...
- County managers get pay increase. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/15/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p15
The article reports on the decision of Kent County, Michigan Commissioners to award department managers and supervisors an average wage hike of 3 percent. The decision came despite the fact that the county is facing a deficit in the upcoming general fund in 2009. According to County...
- LOUISIANA: Pay-Hike Denial Deferred. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/10/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33465, p9
The article reports on the decision of Louisiana Civil Service Commission on a request by Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal's administration to stop the 4% wage increase in 2012 for most state employees.