Trustee for Vigo County, Ind., Agency Taps Reserve Fund for Debt Service
- Battle Creek, Mich., Finishes Sale to Help Lure Kellogg's Keebler. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p7
Reports on the sale of taxable refunding bonds by the city of Battle Creek, Michigan. Change in state tax increment financing laws to restructure the city's debt; Reduction of the debt service payment; Level of net value savings.
- Upgrade in Hand, Cincinnati Plans Water Deal With BABs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/21/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33152, p6
The article reports on the upgrade of ratings to top credit marks for the city of Cincinnati, Ohio which prices 100 million dollars of new-money and refunding water system revenue bonds which will include taxable Build America Bonds (BABs). The system is aimed to continue to maintain its debt...
- Upscale CCRC Taps Reserves. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33224, p1
The article reports that Clare at Water Tower, an upscale continuing care retirement community (CCRC), has tapped 554,000 dollars from its debt-service reserves to pay its November 15, 2009 debt-service in Chicago, Illinois. The CCRC struggled to meet its financial projections due to cost...
- Tennessee's Fiscal '05 Revenue Is $261 Million More Than Forecast. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p5
Reports on the growth of Tennessee's revenue for fiscal 2005. Indication that the once triple-A rated state is recovering from the economic downturn; Tennessee's plan to issue general obligation bonds in October 2005; Plans to use the proceeds from the deal to take out commercial paper; Failure...
- Miami-Dade County Selling $300M for Public Health Trust. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32217, p3
Reports on the sale of new money and refunding revenue bonds by the Miami-Dade County for the benefit of the Public Health Trust in Florida. Allocation of funds for building and renovations at Jackson Memorial Hospital; estimation of the net present value savings; Bond ratings; Replacement of...
- Atlanta GOs on Hold. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p31
Reports that the Atlanta, Georgia, City Council has postponed taking action on the city's planned sale of general obligation bonds which will be used to cover capital needs. Options considered by the city in selling the bonds.
- N.Y.C. to Sell $525 Million of General Obligation Bonds. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p36
Reports on New York City's plan to issue general obligation bonds in September and October 2000. City's plan to sell fixed-rate tax-exempt, variable-rate tax-exempt and taxable new money bonds; Sale of a small amount of refunding bonds in September.
- Southwest bond-watch. Preston, Darrell; Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/12/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30556, p28
Examines the status of municipal bonds and other financial matters in the Southwestern States as of January 12, 1999. Includes Fitch IBCA's upgrading of New Mexico Finance Authority's $46 million bonds; PaineWebber Inc.'s receipt of a contract for $30 million general obligation bonds from the...
- Market Embraces Sacramento's Uncommon Lease Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p3
Reports that the municipal bond market has received Sacramento, California's uninsured lease-backed deal with competitive rates and yields. Value of the lease deal; Sacramento's identification of assets to back the 2000 capital improvement revenue bonds.