Trustee for Vigo County, Ind., Agency Taps Reserve Fund for Debt Service
- Battle Creek, Mich., Finishes Sale to Help Lure Kellogg's Keebler. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p7
Reports on the sale of taxable refunding bonds by the city of Battle Creek, Michigan. Change in state tax increment financing laws to restructure the city's debt; Reduction of the debt service payment; Level of net value savings.
- Upgrade in Hand, Cincinnati Plans Water Deal With BABs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/21/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33152, p6
The article reports on the upgrade of ratings to top credit marks for the city of Cincinnati, Ohio which prices 100 million dollars of new-money and refunding water system revenue bonds which will include taxable Build America Bonds (BABs). The system is aimed to continue to maintain its debt...
- Upscale CCRC Taps Reserves. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33224, p1
The article reports that Clare at Water Tower, an upscale continuing care retirement community (CCRC), has tapped 554,000 dollars from its debt-service reserves to pay its November 15, 2009 debt-service in Chicago, Illinois. The CCRC struggled to meet its financial projections due to cost...
- Tennessee's Fiscal '05 Revenue Is $261 Million More Than Forecast. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p5
Reports on the growth of Tennessee's revenue for fiscal 2005. Indication that the once triple-A rated state is recovering from the economic downturn; Tennessee's plan to issue general obligation bonds in October 2005; Plans to use the proceeds from the deal to take out commercial paper; Failure...
- Miami-Dade County Selling $300M for Public Health Trust. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32217, p3
Reports on the sale of new money and refunding revenue bonds by the Miami-Dade County for the benefit of the Public Health Trust in Florida. Allocation of funds for building and renovations at Jackson Memorial Hospital; estimation of the net present value savings; Bond ratings; Replacement of...
- Atlanta GOs on Hold. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p31
Reports that the Atlanta, Georgia, City Council has postponed taking action on the city's planned sale of general obligation bonds which will be used to cover capital needs. Options considered by the city in selling the bonds.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Peacock, Wayne; Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan; Floyd, Daniel F.; HIgginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p32
Presents news briefs pertaining to public finance and municipal bonds in the Northeastern States as of February 5, 2001. Budget surplus announced by Connecticut Comptroller Nancy Wyman for fiscal 2001; Montgomery County, Maryland's plan to sell general obligation consolidated public improvement...
- Surprise! Arizona City, Sports Authority Bonding for Ballparks. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;03/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31105, p3
Reports on the Arizona Tourism and Sports Authority's plan to issue revenue bonds to finance a Major League Baseball spring training camp and a new National Football League stadium. Amount of bonds to be issued; Number of issues planned by the authority in 2001.
- Wish Us Luck: Sacramento County to Sell Trans With 13-Month Maturity. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;06/01/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31151, p56
Focuses on Sacramento, California's plan to competitively issue tax and revenue anticipation notes using a 13-month maturity. Arimax Financial Advisors' selection as the financial adviser for the deal; Reasons why some investors are backing away from 15-month maturities.