Nassau Utility Refund?
- Washington's Grant County PUD #2 in Market With $128M for Hydropower. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;1/12/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32048, p4
The article reports that Washington's Grant County Public Utility District No. 2 has decided to issue about US$128 million of debt for its Wanapum hydroelectric project. The bonds will have a final maturity in 2038. Of the total sum, US$114 million of the bonds are new-money debt and about...
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;1/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32056, p30
The article presents a list of invisible supply of Southwest. The states for which data are presented are Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico and Texas.
- Owe levels. Buckham, Chris // Utility Week;10/22/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p22
Deals with the effectiveness of customer segmentation to the debt recovery of public utility companies in Great Britain. Advantages in segmenting the debtor list; Benefits of customer segmentation to billing systems; Effects on the operational level.
- Cook County, Ill., OKs Budget, Cuts Jobs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32575, p1
The article reports that Board of Commissioners in Cook County, Illinois has approved the $3 billion spending plan for 2007 of President Todd Stroger that eliminates a $500 million deficit through layoffs, spending and program cuts and a restructuring of some outstanding debt. According to...
- Racino swamped by debt. Jarosz, Francesca // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p1
The article reports that owners of the Shelbyville's Indiana Live racetrack and casino faced an interest payment on the lion's share of its 44 million dollar debt. It states that most of the debt is in the form of 440 million dollars in bonds and that the size of the November 2010 payment was...
- Volume and Frequency Of Debt Fall. Johnson, Matthew; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32001, p1
Reports on the decline in the volume and frequency of bond issues as of October 29, 2004 in the U.S. Percentage of bond volume in October 2004; Yields on the triple-A 10-year general obligation bond at the end of October 2003; Increase in refunding activity.
- N.Y.'s MTA Committee Passes Plan. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32056, p1
The article reports that the finance committee of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) yesterday approved plans to issue up to $2.84 billion of bonds this year to pay for ongoing capital projects. The MTA's full board is scheduled to vote on the borrowing plan Thursday. The...
- N.Y.'s Suffolk County Eyes Upgrade Ahead of New Deals. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/28/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32121, p3
The article reports that Suffolk County in New York is eying upgrade ahead of new deals. Suffolk County officials are optimistic that the county's debt will soon be upgraded even as they put together a pair of bond deals together worth up to $102 million combined. The county plans to...
- Swift justice. // Credit Management;Jul2005, p12
The article reports that creditors often complain at the length of time taken to bring a small, disputed claim to a hearing. The creditor sued an individual. That individual defended saying that the debt was owed, not by him, but by a limited company. The defense also said that while the...