Puerto Rico, Other New Deals Expected to Sell Well After Jobs Data
- Munis Little Changed as Treasuries Go Negative on Strong Jobs Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31899, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. on June 4, 2004. Stability of municipal bonds; Impact of the May 2004 employment report on the Treasuries; Growth in the labor market; Impact of the growth of the labor market on interest rates.
- U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray interest rate index. // Inside Tucson Business;10/25/99, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p10
Presents charts of interest rate index in Arizona provided by U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. current as of October 22, 1999. Short, intermediate and long term interest rates; Arizona tax exempt municipal bonds; Bond Buyers Revenue Index; Bond Buyers Index.
- Rate rise, big-deal shortage throttles first-half issuance. Kruger, Daniel; Harris, Elizabeth; Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;08/09/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30700, p26
Reports on the effects of the rise of interest rates on the bond market in the United States in the first half of 1999. Scarcity of mega bond deals; Philadelphia Agency for Industrial Development's taxable pension bonds.
- Municipal Prices Finish Higher After FOMC Hikes Rates, As Expected. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States for May 16, 2000. Reaction of municipal cash securities to the interest rate rise; Improvement of yields.
- When was debt's biggest quarter in history? Right now. O'Leary, Christopher; Gelling, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/19/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Reports on the performance of the U.S. bond underwriting market during the first quarter of the year 2001. Percentage of increase in long-term agency issuance during the quarter; Total amount of high-grade bonds introduced in the duration; Impact of decrease in interest rates on performance of...
- Yield Indexes Rise Amid Rate Cut and Tame Inflation Data. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p40
Reports that yield indexes of 'The Bond Buyer' periodical rose during the period February 22-May 17, 2001, amid the United States Federal Reserve System's short-term interest rate cut and lukewarm inflation data. Increase in housing starts; Decline in industrial production; 20-year index of...
- Fitch IBCA reports says bond insurers are raising rates. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;3/27/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30360, p44
Reports on the increase of the interest premium rates of bond insurers in the United States according to financial analyst firm Fitch IBCA. Sectors in which premium increases have been most pronounced; Effect of higher premiums on bond insurance industry.
- Despite the 4th Quarter Pickup, Drop in Refundings Meant 2000 'Wasn't the Greatest Year.'. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p4
Assesses the bond market performance in the United States for the year 2000. Decline of interest rates; Increase of debt issuance for the fourth quarter; Rise of electric power volume.
- State Governments Bucked Receding Tide of Issuance. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p38
Assesses the performance of the bond market in the Middle West. Impact of increased interest rates; Result of the lack of refunding debt; Sale of bonds in Ohio.