Atlanta's Sales-Tax Plan for Sewers Stuck in Legislature
- ATLANTA BAROMETER. // Atlanta;Dec2004, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p22
This article focuses on various social and political developments in Atlanta, Georgia. Shirley Franklin made it through the sales tax increase and ongoing sewer crisis, and still came out smelling like a rose. In Dekalb County, Atlanta, Georgia, politicians have gone wild. Schools are in...
- Operation Information. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/7/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31920, p1
Reports that Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin and City Council members plan to announce meetings for voters to get information on a referendum asking for a sales tax hike to help pay for billions of dollars in sewer repairs in Georgia. Impact of sales tax on ratepayers; Amount that the city is...
- Sales Tax Simplification Bills Introduced in Nebraska, Wyoming. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p4
Reports on the legislation aimed at simplifying the United States' existing sales and use tax system to permit the taxation of out-of-state sales. Introduction of the tax simplification legislation in Nebraska and Wyoming; Number of states joining in the Streamlined Sales Tax Project; Caution...
- No one Issue 2. // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/20/98, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p10
Opinion. Indicates that Ohio voters should reject the Issue 2, the proposed 20 percent increase in the state sales tax. Insight on the disadvantages of the proposal; Conditions under the Issue 2 proposal; Premise of the proposal.
- MICHIGAN: Transport Debate Begins. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/6/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33857, p9
The article offers information on a legislative bill that has introduced to ask the voters of Michigan to increase the state sales tax for generating new money to fund the state's transportation infrastructure project.
- Water Rates May Rise to Cover Debt, Atlanta Mayor Warns. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p4
Reports on the projections of Mayor Shirley Franklin on the possible increase in water and sewer rates in Atlanta, Georgia. Use of the rate increase to cover the anticipated debt service of revenue bonds for sale; Schedule on the vote of the proposed rate increase by the City Council; Plans of...
- FLOODED WITH WATER BILLS. // njbiz;3/31/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p15
Presents information on the status of water-related bills in New Jersey as of March 2003. Drought Monitoring; Public Surface Water Supply Protection Act; Water Supply Study; Interconnection Study.
- State Water Plan Will Keep Texans In The Drink. Wentworth, Jeff // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/11/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p14
The article offers information on Senate Bill 3, which takes a comprehensive approach to the state's water policy on conservation, provision of sources of water and maintenance of the ecological balances in the Texas current natural water resources.
- Washington Update. // WaterWorld;Sep2002, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p8
Reports on legislative bills related to water supply in the U.S., as of September 2002. Industry coalition's call to exempt critical water infrastructure data from the Freedom of Information Act; Inclusion of expanded funds for water security and infrastructure improvements under an annual...