Payrolls Up 308,000; Unemployment at 5.7%
- Aug. Non-Farm Payrolls Up; Unemployment Down to 4.7%. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;9/5/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32459, p2
No abstract available.
- REAL EARNINGS -SEPTEMBER 2016. // Real Earnings;Sep2016, p1
The article presents the real earnings for all employees in the U.S. as of September 2016, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in which information include real average hourly earnings for production and nonsupervisory employees and on private nonfarm and payrolls.
- May Non-Farm Payrolls Rise 217,000; Jobless Rate 6.3%. // Bond Buyer;6/9/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34122, p1
The article focuses on the U.S. May employment report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics on the economic growth of the U.S. in May 2014. Topics include the 6.3 percent change in the unemployment rate and 62.8 percent change in the labor force participation rate in April-March 2014, the...
- Weak June Jobs Report Reinforces Q2 Slowdown. Rombel, Adam // Business Journal (Central New York);7/13/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p9
The article argues against the report by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) on July 6, 2012 which reveals the 80, 000 job increase in June and 8.2 % rate of unemployment in the U.S.
- Payrolls Rise 138,000; Jobless Rate Flat at 4.7%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p2
This article discusses April 2006 labor market indicators from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Non-farm payrolls rose by 138,000. Unemployment rate remained steady at 4.7 percent. Wages rose to $16.61 per hour on average. There were increases in average weekly earnings and average hourly...
- Jan. Non-Farm Payrolls Rise 257,000; Jobless Rate 5.7%. // Bondbuyer.com;2/6/2015, p12
The article discusses the results of the report conducted by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics on payroll and unemployment rate. It states that the non-farm payroll for the month of January posted overall gain of 257,000 and November-December revisions reached by 147,000 rise overall. It...
- October Non-Farm Payrolls Up 92,000; Sept. Revised. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;11/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32502, p2
The article reports on the rise of nonfarm payrolls in October 2006 while the unemployment rate declined based on the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The relation of the rise in payrolls to unemployment rate is explained and the factors contributing to such performance is provided. The...
- February Payrolls Up 97,000; Jobless Rate Down to 4.5%. // Bond Buyer;3/12/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32584, p2
The article reports on the growth of the February 2007 payrolls in the U.S. The payrolls posted a 97,000 increase but upward revisions to the two prior months totaled 55,000 jobs. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, adverse weather probably contributed to declines in construction jobs....
- June Non-Farm Payrolls- Rise Less Than Forecast. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/10/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34219, p2
The article reports that non-farm payrolls increased 121,000 in June 2006 in the U.S. Unemployment rate held at its lowest level in four years according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Unemployment rate in June remained at 4.6 percent and total employment rose to 135.2 million from 135.1...