Back to the Public Sector
- Cook County's Knorr to Become University CFO. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p6
The article reports on the resignation of Cook County Comptroller Walter Knorr to become chief financial officer for the University of Illinois in Illinois. According to Bill Figel, a spokesman for Cook County Board President Todd Stroger, Knorr will leave his post once the county completes its...
- People: Bankers Anxiously Await Chicago Mayor's Choice for CFO. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p6
Reports on the status of the public finance community following the resignation of chief executive officer Walter Knorr in Chicago, Illinois. Replacement of Knorr; Distribution of the bond business; Decision of Mayor Richard M. Daley on the issue.
- Now It's Official: Walter Knorr Makes the Leap From Chicago to Salomon. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p5
Reports the resignation of Walter Knorr as chief financial officer of the city hall in Chicago, Illinois. Selection of Knorr to the position of managing director by Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Work responsibilities of Knorr; Career highlights.
- Cook County President Lauds Outgoing Comptroller. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31857, p5
Focuses on the appointment of Walter Knorr to assume outgoing Comptroller John Chambers announced by Cook County Board President John Stroger in Illinois. Annual compensation for the position; Responsibility of the comptroller; Career background of Knorr.
- Chicago CFO Walter Knorr reflects on longevity in job. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30625, p27
Profiles Walter Knorr, chief financial officer of Chicago, Illinois. Career history; Responsibilities in the city; Achievements.
- Chicago CFO Walter Knorr has `a lot of fun' just doing his job. Shields, Yvette; Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;08/05/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30450, p1
Profiles Chicago chief financial officer Walter Knorr. Personal background; Educational attainment; Career history; Other business activities.
- Former Wharton County representative Hegar is sworn in as state comptroller. CRABTREE, SHANNON // East Bernard Express (TX);1/15/2015, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p3
The article announces that Glenn Hegar was appointed Texas state comptroller.
- New York City Deputy Comptroller Steps Down. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Weekly;9/11/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the resignation of Horatio Sparkes as deputy comptroller of pensions for the City of New York to join California-based private equity firm, The Yucaipa Cos. According to William C. Thompson, comptroller of New York City, Sparkes has been an asset to the city's pension...
- DiNapoli signs executive order on ethics in Comptroller's office. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/12/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the multi-faceted executive order signed by New York State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli about office ethics rules and principles that apply to all employees in the comptroller's office. It highlights a statement by DiNapopli that asserts that the executive order is an...