Venture Capitalists Target Poor Communities
- Michigan VC-funded firms generate impact, study says. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;3/26/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p29
The article presents information on a study by the National Venture Capital Association which states that venture capital investments in Michigan-based companies since 1970 have had a significant impact. As per the study, $6.55 in revenue was created for every dollar spent on Michigan companies,...
- Science is golden. Brook, Jamie // Money Marketing;2/24/2005, p52
Focuses on the importance of venture capital as an attractive sector offering significant potential returns for investments in Great Britain. Development of innovative technology; Contribution to economic growth and job creation; Factor contributing to the transformation from knowledge into...
- How venture capital creates jobs. Delport, Rikus // Finance Week;10/8/99, p10
Discusses the potential that venture capital financing offers for creating desperately needed jobs. Definition of venture capital; South Africa-based companies that received venture capital financing; High risks associated with venture capital; Contribution of venture capital to the gross...
- Romania. David, Sorin; Suliman, Catalin; Ungureanu, Lisaura // European State Aid Law Quarterly;Dec2011, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p590
The article discusses the availability of post-accession state aid schemes to encourage investments in Romania. The two state aid schemes in the country namely Governmental Decision no. 1680/2008 and Governmental Decision no. 753/2008 are designed for the sustainable economic development in the...
- Any collar you want. // OECD Observer;Mar2011, Issue 282/283, p38
The article offers information on the definition of a green job and the fundamental changes that it will bring to the society.
- POVERTY GETS TOUGHER. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;03/22/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 12, p5
Highlights the importance of creating family-supporting jobs for thousands of low-income workers in New York City. Tool for alleviating poverty; Slowdown in economy of the United States; Expiration of time limits for families receiving public assistance; Absence of a clear transition plan.
- Environment and Energy: Revitalizing the Green Jobs Agenda. Pollack, Ethan // Democracy: A Journal of Ideas;Summer2013, Issue 29, p46
The article focuses on the debates over the definition of a green job and how such jobs are created. It says that green investments create an economy by promoting health and opportunity for low- and middle-income workers. It adds that green investments promote middle-out growth by revitalization...
- Record Year for Global Clean Tech VC. Moresco, Justin // Red Herring;1/6/2009, p4
This article reports on the global venture capital investment in clean technology recorded in 2008. According to two reports, the investment soared to a record $8.4 billion during the year. Nicholas Parker, executive chairman of the Cleantech Group, said clean technologies represent the biggest...
- Why America Is Not Creating Jobs II. // International Economy;Fall2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses the statement of the National Venture Capital Association regarding the move of the venture-backed firms to create jobs after they go public.