NTL/Telewest Merger Rumors Swirl---Again
- NTL/Telewest Merger Rumors Swirl--Again. Burns, Marin // High Yield Report;4/5/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p1
Reports that as NTL Inc. and Telewest Communications Plc approach the end of their respective financial restructurings, analysts and investors are once again talking about the possibility of a merger of Europe's beleaguered cable giants. NTL's completion of a rights offering and securing of a...
- Losses End Cable Duo's Merger Hopes. Grainge, Zoe // Utility Week;4/4/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the failure of plans of merger of two Great Britain's cable operators, NTL Inc. and Telewest Communications PLC after facing losses. Comparison of earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization of NTL in 2003 to that of 2001; Information on net loss incurred by...
- Telewest Cuts a Restructuring Deal. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p32
Reports on the agreement of Telewest Communications PLC with shareholders regarding restructuring in preparation for its merger with NTL Inc. Terms of the agreement; Restructuring of NTL before the agreement; Cause of Telewest's bankruptcy; Analysis on the success of the merger plan.
- NTL/Telewest Merger Rumors Swirl...Again. Burns, Mairin; S.H. // Bank Loan Report;4/5/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p1
Points out that as NTL and Telewest Communications approach the end of their respective financial restructurings, analysts and investors are once again buzzing about the possibility of a merger of Europe's beleaguered of cable giants. NTL's completion of a rights offering: Marketing of a high...
- COMPANY CV. // Marketing (00253650);11/18/1999, p66
Features Telewest Communications, the second largest cable operator in Great Britain. Services provided; Spending on advertising in August 1999; Advertising agency.
- INDUSTRY UPDATE: Fixed Line. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;March 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p197
Presents an update on the telecommunication industry, compiled as of March 2003. Resignation of Cable & Wireless PLC's chief executive Graham Wallace; Deutsche Telekom's selling of its cable business to Apax Partners, Goldman Sachs and Providence; Revenue restatements of Qwest Communications;...
- Deals. // CableFAX Daily;10/4/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 192, p2
Reports on the acquisition of cable operator Telewest by British telecommunication firm NTL. Benefit of the acquisition to NTL; Terms of the acquisition deal.
- NTL buys CWC Cable, France Telecom buys more of NTL. Sanchez, Jana // InfoWorld;08/16/99, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p50F
Reports on NTL Incorporate's purchase of Cable & Wireless Communications Incorporated's (CWC) cable operations. Expectation from the deal; View of analysts on the move; Other major cable carrier that was bidding for CWC cable network.
- After years of struggle, the fortunes of cable
companies NTL and Telewest are making a comeback. Grainge, Zoë // Utility Week;5/7/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p16
Presents an overview of the business performance of British cable companies Telewest and NTL. Restructuring process of Telewest; Outlook for a merger between the two companies; Forms of technology which could be set to boost cable companies' offerings.