A Fierce Battle for A Pint-sized Deal
- Moore Medical Weighs Two Offers. Del Franco, Mark // Catalog Age;Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the agreement of McKesson Corp. and SJ Strategic Investments to acquire Moore Medical. Amount offered by McKesson Corp. to acquire Moore Medical; Confidentiality agreement between SJ Strategic Investments and Moore Medical; Prior offers made by SJ Strategic to Moore Medical; Comment...
- Done Deals: Moore Medical, Executive Greetings. Del Franco, Mark; Miller, Paul // Catalog Age;May2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p9
Presents updates on merger and acquisitions in the commercial catalog industry in the U.S. as of May 2004. Approval of the acquisition of Moore Medical Corp. by McKesson Corp.; Victory of Taylor Corp. in the bidding for Executive Greetings.
- McKesson-Celesio deal fails. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/14/2014, pA02
San Francisco-based drug, health and beauty supplies distributor
- The relativity of returns. // BRW;9/6/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p25
The article reports that a global study of merger and acquisition (M&A) activity has been completed by the Boston Consulting Group (BCG). The study has revealed that too many investment bankers are supporting M&A deals because less than half of them create stockholder value for the company which...
- Illinois companies' investment bankers. // Crain's Chicago Business;2002 Book of Lists, Vol. 24 Issue 53, p63
Lists several investment bankers companies in Illinois, Chicago as of November 2001. Increase of the number of banking professionals; Offerings of common or preferred stock; Agreement between mergers of corporations.
- Boards with bankers said more likely to take on M&A. // Journal of Business (10756124);11/7/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p35
The article offers information related to a study from the University of Iowa, according to which firms with an investment banker on their boards of directors pursue mergers and acquisitions more often.
- GETTING THE MOST FROM YOUR INVESTMENT BANKER. Evans, Heather // Management Review;Mar88, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p34
Explains the role of investment bankers in mergers and acquisitions transactions in the U.S. Consideration of as many acquisition candidates as possible; Potential fee from a transaction must be significant to the advisor; Broad acquisition search assignments as a waste of time.
- Choice of investment banker and shareholders' wealth of firms involved in acquisitions. Bowers, Helen M.; Miller, Robert E. // FM: The Journal of the Financial Management Association;Winter1990, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on choice of investment banker and shareholders' wealth of firms involved in acquisitions. The value of the investment-banking function, when applied to corporate acquisitions, has become a topic of interest to all participants in the financial community. Corporate managers...
- Dealmakers wanted. Hanson, Lee; Rollo, Robert S. // Directors & Boards;2010 2nd Quarter, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p65
The article discusses the expectations of directors who know mergers and acquisitions (M&A). It notes that directors with M&A experience are expected to prepare for a lead role in the board's assessment and take notice of the shareholder value. It states that bankers on boards should be cautious...