Citigroup's Precarious ABS Dominance
- A Secure Package. Schreiber, Steven; Silverman, Stuart // Best's Review;Sep2006, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p57
The article focuses on the growing interests of life insurers in designing securitization transactions in the U.S. The life securitizations can be grouped into three categories, redundant-reserve transactions, embedded-value or value-in-force transactions, and mortality-catastrophe transactions....
- GMAC secures $10B funding facility. A. P. // Asset Securitization Report;8/21/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p8
The article reports that General Motors Acceptance Corp. (GMAC) has secured $10 billion of its asset-backed secured funding facility from Citigroup Inc. There is a speculation that GMAC sale could be delayed beyond its expected fourth quarter close due to difficulty gaining regulatory approval....
- Consolidated Street Research. // Asset Securitization Report;11/25/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 46, p20
Reports on the asset- and mortgage-backed securities offered by various financial institutions. Bank One; Bear Stearns; Countrywide Securities Corp.; Credit Suisse/First Boston; J.P. Morgan Securities; UBS Warburg.
- SCORECARDS. // Asset Securitization Report;2/4/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p46
Reports on the asset-backed securities trading by various financial institutions from January 25-31, 2002. Issuances by Merrill Lynch, Citibank, and Central Power & Light.
- Post-industrial finance. // BRW;3/27/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p33
The article examines the post-industrial structure of the Australian financial system. According to the author, the country's financial system has been developed in three layers, each overlaid on the previous. The author reveals that the post-industrial period saw the creation of various types...
- Citigroup "minds the gap" once again. // Asset Securitization Report;3/1/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the results of Citigroup Inc.'s tracking of asset-backed securities (ABS) and unsecured debt spreads in the U.S. Assessment of the relative value that ABS offers compared to corporate debt; Percentage of an issuer's assets sold into ABS trusts.
- Freddie and Citi Do TEBS Deal. // National Mortgage News;10/20/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p36
The article focuses on the tax-exempt bonds securitization deal between Freddie Mac and Citigroup Inc. in McLean, Virginia. This securitization serves as the second largest in Freddie's history and the first TEBS deal of Citigroup. The deal demonstrates how Freddie provides liquidity to the...
- Slight Activity from Sleepy ABS Market. D. M. // Asset Securitization Report;11/12/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p6
The article reports on the condition of the asset securitization industry in the U.S. Accordingly, the industry is currently declining despite the successful performance of CMBS, student loan asset-backed securitization as well as esoteric deals which have hit the market since November 1, 2007....
- New Year to Ring in Deal Flow? G. S. // Asset Securitization Report;11/24/2009, Vol. 8 Issue 45, p8
The article reports on the future of asset-backed securities (ABS) market in the U.S. It states that deals in the secondary market would not find bidders. According to a certain ABS trader, many market participants are trying to test different spread level with regards to the bid lists that are...