The CMBS Market's Black Sheep
- CMBS Delinquency Rate Hits Record-High in July. Valley, Matt // National Real Estate Investor;Aug/Sep2011, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p13
The article presents the report from New York-based Trepp LLC concerning the performance of the commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) market in the U.S. in 2011. The report reveals that the delinquency rate for securitized loans 30 days or more past due or in foreclosure has increased 51...
- Hotels Starting to Show Signs of Recovery. Thangavelu, Poonkulali // Mortgage Servicing News;Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the recovery of the business operation of the hotel industry in the U.S. Improvement of occupancies and revenue; Enhancement of the financial and operating leverage for hotel properties; Increase in hotel-backed loans being originated for the commercial mortgage-backed securities market.
- Understanding the commercial mortgage-backed securities market in the hospitality sector. Marre, Daniel G. M.; Gordon, Phillip; Bonjour, Bruce // Journal of Retail & Leisure Property;Mar2005, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p105
Before the advent of the commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) market, long-term permanent real estate lending had been traditionally limited to commercial banks, thrifts and insurance companies that provided new mortgage loan originations to local markets. The CMBS market was born from...
- Secondary Debt Market Still a Concern. Thompson, H. Keith // Lodging Hospitality Exclusive Insight;1/ 7/2013, p1
The author cites that the secondary hotel debt market remains a concern for him as of 2013. He notes the decline of the market in October 2007, resulting in the projected economic downturn to the hotel market in January 2008. He says many individuals fail to perceive the significance of the...
- Debt financing terms are hampering hotel transactions. Wilder, Jeff // Hotel & Motel Management;07/05/99, Vol. 214 Issue 12, p23
Reports on the inability of hotel deals to secure financing as a major factor in the slowdown of transactions in the industry. Availability of the commercial-mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) market; Rates of United States Small Business Administration-guaranteed debt; Examples of how CMBS...
- Competition diminishes among retail financiers. McCloud, John // National Real Estate Investor;Jan99, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p46
Reports on the status of the commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) market in the United States and its impact on financing in the final quarter of 1998. Where the changes in the lending market stemmed; Factors that contributed to the collapse of CMBS.
- 'Enronitis' Dampens Loan Market. Levy, John B. // National Real Estate Investor;Sep2002, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p59
Reports the state of the market for commercial mortgage-backed securities in the U.S. Return of investment; Decline in the volume of loan originations; Level of office vacancies.
- Belize Sees First Rated Mortgage Securities Deal. // National Mortgage News;5/6/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p7
Reports the completion of the rated mortgage securitization in Belize. Identification of commercial and residential loans; Value of the mortgage pool in securing trances.
- High-risk borrowers take toll on residential MBSs. // Mortgage Banking;Dec97, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p7
Reports that increased lending to B & C borrowers has had negative effects on the performance of the collateral underlying more than ten billion dollars of residential mortgage-backed securities (MBSs) in the United States. Delinquencies, foreclosures and losses.