"Polluting the Waters" On IDS Structure
- Playing by Google Rules. Gasparino, Charles // Newsweek;5/10/2004, Vol. 143 Issue 19, p42
Offers a look at the role of investment bank Goldman Sachs in the initial public offering of Internet search engine, Google. Failure of Goldman Sachs to win the lead underwriting spot because its chief executive officer, Hank Paulson, tried to sidestep Google orders by reaching out to one of...
- Quest for Capital Prompts Goldman IPO. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p48
Reports on the business performance of investment bank Goldman Sachs Group in 1999. Amount secured by the company on its initial public offering (IPO); Benefits from the IPO; Technique in employee recruiting and hiring.
- Krauss-Maffei eyes IPO. Vink, David // Plastics News;7/14/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that investment bank Goldman Sachs Group Inc. is preparing plastics machinery producer Krauss-Maffei AG for an initial public offering (IPO). It is stated that there is a possibility that an IPO for the firm will happen in 2008. Krauss-Maffei corporate communication manager...
- CIBC Tries To Mix Markets. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/24/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p15
Focuses on the business strategies of CIBC World Markets Inc. Details on initial public offering in the U.S. and Canada by CIBC; Efforts of CIBC to circumvent the U.S. tax codes; Other commercial plans of CIBC.
- Goldman eyeing new IPO attempt. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;12/07/98, Vol. 14 Issue 49, p1
Reports on Goldman Sachs & Co.'s plans of launching an initial public offering (IPO). Overview on the trading losses incurred by the company during the last quarter of 1998, prompting it to consider launching an IPO; Percentage of Goldman Sach's total stock market capitalization to be offered...
- Scorecard. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;05/25/98, Vol. 64 Issue 21, p9
Looks at the possibility of an initial public offering (IPO), by Goldman, Sachs & Company during 1998. Amount of money in assets Goldman Sachs Asset Management has; Comments from brokerage analyst at Putnam, Lovell, de Guardiola & Thornton, Dean Eberling; Resignation of Michael Solomon, a...
- Goldman's new handcuffs. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;06/22/98, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p1
Presents information on an initial public offering made by Goldman Sachs and Company in 1998. Reference to a company's efforts to lure away a Goldman investment banker; Comment from Alan Hilliker, a former Goldman Sachs banker; How Goldman's stock will be distributed; Background information on...
- Why Goldman-Sachs Matters. Serwer, Andy // Fortune;7/6/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p218
Discusses the initial public offering of Goldman Sachs. Importance of the offering; Goldman as the most powerful investment bank is the world; Goldman as a significant gear in the machinery of the global economy; How Goldman is the investment banker to companies such as Microsoft, American...
- Goldman details. // Crain's New York Business;03/22/99, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p26
Reports that Goldman Sachs Group LP will sell shares worth as much as $3.45 billion in May 1999.