University Athletics Center Served by One of World's Largest Dehumidifiers
- Domed Stadium Air-Conditioning Design. Naman, I. A. // ASHRAE Journal;Jun2009, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p60
The article offers tips in solving the problem related to the air-condition design of the Harris County Domed Stadium in Texas. The management encountered problems in the facility due to the different size and structure of the facility. Before engineers addressed the problem, they inquired first...
- THE HEAT Is On There's the way much of Europe encourages conservation, and there's the right way. Dickens, Kevin V. // Engineered Systems;Nov2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p28
Looks on the importance of air conditioning in the U.S. Management of humidity; Energy consumption; Impact of global warming.
- Natatorium dehumidification goes swimmingly, aided by geothermal and heat recovery. // Engineered Systems;Jul2013, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p21
The article presents a case study of the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system at the Aquatic and Community Centre in the city of CÃ´te Saint Luc in Quebec. The HVAC strategy at the facility has surpassed many national energy efficiency code requirements due to the energy...
- Supermarket dehumidification: All creatures, dry and cool. Thomas, Jerry // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;08/04/97, Vol. 201 Issue 14, p3
Discusses the dehumidification of supermarkets in the US. Problems that the air conditioning system faces; Ventilation; Moisture; Reheating; Heat pipe; Humidity freezing.
- Improving plant processes with dehumidification. Speltz, Katharine; Katzel, Jeanine // Plant Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p94
Focuses on the dehumidification of manufacturing plants. Common problems encountered in manufacturing addressed by dehumidification; Methods of dehumidification; Factors to consider in choosing dehumidification methods; Development of industrial dehumidification systems.
- So, How Do You Keep Frost, Ice Out of Warehouses? Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/15/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 3, p50
Focuses on the discussion about keeping frost and ice out of the refrigerated warehouse space, at the annual convention and trade show of the International Association of Refrigerated Warehouse (IARW) at the Arizona Biltmore. Problems of infiltration in refrigerated warehouses; Effectiveness of...
- Sport training. Bingham-Hall, Patrick // Architecture Australia;May/Jun98, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p56
Focuses on the architectural design of the Olympic Park in Sydney, Australia designed by Rodney Uren and Ken Maher of Hassell. Features of the park; Description of the architecture design of the park.
- The Only Game in Town. Kubany, Elizabeth Harrison // Architectural Record;May2002, Vol. 190 Issue 5, p245
Focuses on the association of architectural designs with sports. Description of the designs of several stadiums; Factors considered in designing a sports facility.
- Keeping It Simple with Data Center Cooling. Phillips, Buddy // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2011, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses the cooling provided to data libraries by portable air conditioning systems which offer simple and flexible solutions at lesser costs in the U.S. It notes that concentrations of electronics within tightly confined places can be heightened by server consolidation. It...