Installing Indirect Water Heaters
- Under Pressure. Shepherd, Bob; Abdulaziz, Sam K. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jun2008, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p10
The article presents information with regard to the use of water heaters. Among the list of code 505.0 on water heater requirements, the location factor is cited under certain circumstances. A brief historical overview on the use of pressure and temperature relief valves on water-heating...
- American Water Heater Company proudly introduces the new 100 gallon/199 MBtu Polaris. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Oct2005, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p60
Introduces the 100-gallon/199 Mbtu Polaris tank-type water heater from Polaris from American Water Heater Co. Technology used in the development of the water heater; Efficiency of the water heater; Features.
- Hot! Hot! Hot! Warwick, Peter // Harrowsmith Country Life (11908416);Apr2010, Vol. 34 Issue 211, p46
The article offers information on different products used for heating water. Conventional water heaters function on energy sources like natural gas, oil, or electricity, and are cost-effective though less efficient than solar tank heaters because of the 15 to 20 percent heat loss of the former....
- TANKLESS Water Heaters. Fultz, John // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Sep2004, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p28
Presents information on tankless water heaters. Advantages of tankless water heaters; Comparison between the capacity of electric and gas tankless water heaters; Benefits offered by the water heaters to plumbers; Overview of the environmental benefits of using tankless water heaters.
- Rheem: Best Known, Most Respected and Most Reliable. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jul2005, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p60
Features several water heaters from Rheem. Benefits of Guardian System gas water heaters; Materials used for the Marathon residential electric water heaters; Overview of the VentMaster Power Direct Vent Gas Commercial Water Heater.
- Green Opportunities In The Bathroom. Darlington, Hank // Supply House Times;Jun2008, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p142
The author reflects on selling tankless water heaters. He said that Rheem Water Heater contacted him, seeking help to market the tankless water heater to showrooms. It is cited that with the use of tankless water heater, people could save money and energy usage, since there is no need to heat...
- Takagi Celebrates 10 Years of Innovative Tankless Technology. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Oct2005, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p50
Features the T-H1 tankless water heater from Takagi. Thermal efficiency of the water heater; Information on how the device's pre-heating system works; Background on the company.
- Water Heaters Face 2015 Mandate. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Apr2013, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on efficiency standards for residential storage water heaters and gas-fired tankless water heaters issued in April 2010 by the U.S. Department of Energy, which will become effective in April 2015. Increases in efficiency standards for oil-fired storage water heaters and...
- Bradford White's Defender Safety System Through-the-Wall Water Heaters Are Flammable Vapor Ignition Resistant. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jul2006, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p44
Presents information on the Defender Safety System through-the-wall water heaters from Bradford White Corp. Features added on the water heaters to resist flammable vapor ignition; Other features of the heater; Mechanism of the Defender Safety System's operation.