Controlling Noise From Outdoor HVAC Equipment
- Synchronous Belt Drives in Air-Handling Applications. Tarr, William // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Dec2011, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p40
The article discusses the use of synchronous belt drives in air-handling systems. The author examines frictional energy losses in belt drives due to belt flexion, belt tension, and slippage, optimum operating temperature, and bearing reaction loads. Other topics include belt maintenance, noise...
- The right approach to the application of hvac silencers. Guenther, Brian // Engineered Systems;May99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p60
Discusses the achievement of optimum application, design, and selection of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning silencers through the systems approach design methodology. Causes for noise and vibration problems; Design methodology basis; Guidelines for proper acoustic and aerodynamic...
- Honeywell emphasizes building control, energy efficiency. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;02/09/98, Vol. 203 Issue 6, p31
Features air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration products that were presented by Honeywell Inc. at the 1998 International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating (IAHR) Exposition. Advantages of the Economizer, an economizer with indoor air quality-based demand-controlled ventilation;...
- Improving HVAC efficiency through performance louvres. Hunter, Simon // Heating & Ventilating Review;Oct2013, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses how performance louvre systems can improve the efficiency of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. Storm-resistant or performance louvres, which usually provide excellent wind-driven protection, are used when high levels of ventilation and optimum protection...
- Product profiles. // Engineered Systems;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p84
Features products related to heating, ventilation and air conditioning system. Cambridge Engineering's S-Series space heater; EBTRON, Inc.'s Advantage airflow measurement product; Gearing Solutions' NEMA gearheads; EAML6625 airflow measuring louver; Setra Systems, Inc.'s three-valve manifold.
- what's NEW. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/30/2003, Vol. 219 Issue 9, p8
Introduces various heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and supplies recent as of June 30, 2003. Air conditioner condensing units; Hydronic heating systems; Tool buckets.
- What's new. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/26/95, Vol. 195 Issue 9, p50
Features heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment. Includes a central air conditioning system from Clare Brothers; `Tool Pak' tool vest from Paktek Inc.; Leak detector from Motors & Armatures Inc.
- What's new. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/31/95, Vol. 195 Issue 14, p28
Presents heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment. Includes Vision 3000 water heater-boiler, LE Home Comfort System and HS4A solenoid valve.
- Exploring causes and cures for wet, contaminated systems. Trent, Warren; Trent, Curtis // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/18/95, Vol. 196 Issue 3, p16
Examines the causes of for wet and contaminated interiors of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Eleven causes of wet and contaminated systems; Control devices available. INSET: Hvac system design criteria..