Controlling Noise From Outdoor HVAC Equipment
- Synchronous Belt Drives in Air-Handling Applications. Tarr, William // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Dec2011, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p40
The article discusses the use of synchronous belt drives in air-handling systems. The author examines frictional energy losses in belt drives due to belt flexion, belt tension, and slippage, optimum operating temperature, and bearing reaction loads. Other topics include belt maintenance, noise...
- The right approach to the application of hvac silencers. Guenther, Brian // Engineered Systems;May99, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p60
Discusses the achievement of optimum application, design, and selection of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning silencers through the systems approach design methodology. Causes for noise and vibration problems; Design methodology basis; Guidelines for proper acoustic and aerodynamic...
- Honeywell emphasizes building control, energy efficiency. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;02/09/98, Vol. 203 Issue 6, p31
Features air conditioning, heating, and refrigeration products that were presented by Honeywell Inc. at the 1998 International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating (IAHR) Exposition. Advantages of the Economizer, an economizer with indoor air quality-based demand-controlled ventilation;...
- Improving HVAC efficiency through performance louvres. Hunter, Simon // Heating & Ventilating Review;Oct2013, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses how performance louvre systems can improve the efficiency of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. Storm-resistant or performance louvres, which usually provide excellent wind-driven protection, are used when high levels of ventilation and optimum protection...
- What's new. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/4/96, Vol. 197 Issue 10, p20
Presents heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and supplies. Includes adjustable-speed drive; Refrigerant charge protection system; Heat pumps and air conditioners; Aerosol cleaner.
- What's new. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/29/96, Vol. 198 Issue 13, p21
Presents various heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and supplies available as of July 29, 1996. Includes steam traps; Gas fireplaces; Pressure-relief valves; Features and functions; Contact information.
- What's new. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/3/97, Vol. 200 Issue 9, p20
Features equipment and supplies for heating, ventilation and air conditioning. Gas-fired duct furnaces from Airfan; Air distribution systems from Air Sox Inc.; Portable plasma cutter from Smith Equipment.
- What's new. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/24/97, Vol. 202 Issue 13, p18
Introduces new products and equipment for the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. Includes combustion gas analyzer; Humidity sensors; Liquid level control.
- Product profiles. // Engineered Systems;Jan1996, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p84
Introduces various heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment. Includes NordicPak process chillers; Fiberglass-brand ductboard; Series SC synchronous condenser.