HVAC Equipment Acoustical Standards
- Industrial Applications Require Certified Solutions. // ASHRAE Journal;Jul2013, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p113
The article discusses the key factors to consider when choosing a provider for explosion proof heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units. These factors are safety certification, experience, redundancy and corrosion resistance. The article notes that Specific Systems' product line of...
- New Barrel Heater/Cooler Saves 'Juice" to Run an Extruder. Callari, James J. // Plastics Technology;Aug2011, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p15
The article offers information on the energy-efficient, air-cooled, electrically-heated (EEACEH) technology for extruder barrel design. The EEACEH barrel extruder was developed Davis-Standard LLC and uses a damper valve system to reduce convection heat losses. The article also notes the test...
- Ductless HVAC system can be controlled with wireless remote device. // Buildings;Jun93, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p20
Features Mr. Slim ductless, split-type heat pumps and air conditioners made by Mitsubishi Electric. Remote control of temperature; Outdoor and indoor components of the split system; Installation connected copper tubing; Elimination of noisy rattling and security problems associated with window...
- HVAC SYSTEM Selection. McKew, Amanda // Engineered Systems;Oct2002, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p44
Offers tips on how to select heating, ventilation and air conditioning units. Determination of the optimum hvac system for tenant fit-out; Consideration of the base system constraints.
- Improving Coil Performace In The Field. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/24/2003, Vol. 218 Issue 8, p11
Provides suggestions on the improvement of the evaporating or condensing coil performance of air conditioning systems. Thorough cleaning of the coils; Installation concerns; Inspection of building obstructions or other external airflow impediments; Main factor leading to decreased coil performance.
- Product profiles. // Engineered Systems;Apr97, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p92
Presents different heating, ventilation and air conditioning products. Tube cleaning system, Gas analyzers, Oil preheaters, Portable meter, Flue gas analyzer, BACnet-compatible product line and more; Description and capabilities of the products.
- Bessere WohnqualitÃ¤t durch kontrollierte LÃ¼ftung. // Baumeister;jul2011, Issue 7, p90
The article discusses a residential ventilation unit presented by Fachverband GebÃ¤ude-Klima e.V., a German association that promotes optimal air-conditioning in buildings.
- The HVAC Process-Filtering and Distributing Air. Paoli Jr., Alexander Delli // Journal of Validation Technology;Autumn2012, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p64
Filtration and distribution of air are operations of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) process that deliver processed air at the desired flow rate, pressurization, containment, and particulate quality to maintain desired conditions in the facility or manufacturing process....
- CHILLER REPLACEMENT: Commissioning And Project Closeout Checklist. McKew, Amanda // Engineered Systems;Jun2006, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p28
The article presents a commissioning and project closeout checklist for chiller replacement. It provides data on equipment type, equipment designation, barcode designation, area served and equipment location. The checklist also covered specification review, building system demonstration, drawing...