Aspergillus Infection of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator
- Unraveling the Secrets of the Heart. Mraz, Stephen J.; Knisley, Stephen B.; Baynham, Tamara C. // Machine Design;09/24/98, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p38
Provides information on automatic implantable cardioverter/defibrillators, a medications and electronic device that shaped and positioned electrodes on heart fibers. Structure and electrical behavior of the heart; Simulation and analysis of the device.
- St. Jude Medical warns docs of possible flaws in ICD. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2001, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p15
Reports on the announcement of Saint Jude Medical Inc. that it will notify physicians for potential problems with the Profile MD implantable cardioverter defibrillator that may require replacement of the device in some patients. Features of the medical device.
- A diagnostic pitfall with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. Burri, H.; Chevalier, P.; Touboul, P. // Heart;Apr2003, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p470
Describes the case of a diagnostic pitfall in a patient with an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. Admission of the patient to the hospital due to repeated shocks from his Guidant Ventak Prizm dual chamber implantable cardioverter-defibrillator.
- Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators and Driving Regulations. Anderson, Mark // Current Medical Literature: Cardiology;2009, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p25
The article discusses the medical and regulatory issues regarding patients with implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) as treatment for life-threatening arrhythmia in connection with allowing them to drive. Due to the nature of the disease where it can cause abrupt incapacitation,...
- Implantierbarer Kardioverter/Defibrillator. Stellbrink, C.; Andresen, D.; Böcker, D.; Lewalter, T. // Herzschrittmachertherapie und Elektrophysiologie;Mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p75
This article aims to give an overview over important articles in the field of implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) therapy in 2012. Important publications concern analyses on therapy efficacy and safety of the subcutaneous ICD, gender-specific differences in the complication rate and...
- EDUCATIONAL INTERVENTION FOR PATIENTS WITH AUTOMATIC IMPLANTABLE CARDIOVERTER DEFIBRILLATORS. Edelman, Sarah; Lemon, Jim; Kirkness, Ann // Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing;Mar-May2007, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on research done to evaluate the psychological effects of educational intervention administered on patients two weeks after Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD) implantation in Sydney, New South Wales. Twenty-two patients were recruited, 13 to attend the...
- 303 Patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillator and their experiences of shocks. Stromberg, A.; Hammargard, J.; Fant, D.; Johansson, I. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;
An abstract of the study "Patients With Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator and Their Experiences of Shocks," by A. Stromberg and colleagues, is presented.
- The subcutaneous defibrillator will replace the transvenous defibrillator. Crozier, Ian // Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology;Oct2011, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p73
The article presents a commentary on the potential of subcutaneous defibrillator (S-ICD) as an alternative to transvenous defibrillator (TV-ICD) in the prevention of mortality from ventricular arrhythmias. One of the advantages of S-ICD over TV-ICD is it avoids the short- and long-term risks...
- Subcutaneous ICD May Be a Better Option for Some Heart Rhythm Patients. // Heart Advisor;May2013, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses aspects of subcutaneous implantable cardiac defibrillators (ICDs) for patients with heart rhythm problems. It notes that one advantage of the subcutaneous ICD is the lower risk of infection because the device's lead is not direct contact with the heart, unlike the more...