Clinton quota scheme poisons U.S. military
- Taxes and the armed forces. Poulson, Linda L.; Seetharaman, Ananth // CPA Journal;Apr96, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on the legislated special tax benefits for members of the armed forces in the United States. Exclusions from gross income; Combat zone pay; Veteran's compensation and benefits; Moving expenses.
- Case law developments. // Army Lawyer;Jun95, Issue 271, p56
Presents cases regarding the US Servicemen's Group Life Insurance (SGLI). Prudential Insurance Co. v. Perez regarding change of beneficiary designation; Prudential Insurance Co. v. Mehlbrech regarding incompetence of an SGLI insured to execute a beneficiary change; Metropolitan Life Insurance...
- Statement on Pay Raises for Armed Forces Personnel. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/28/98, Vol. 34 Issue 52, p2521
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President Bill Clinton on December 21, 1998 which deals with improvements in pay and other compensation for Armed Forces personnel.
- Quality leadership as maneuver warfare. Maltz, Richard Stuart // Program Manager;May/Jun97, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p42
Discusses information about Maneuver Warfare Doctrine, a method of instructing and implementing total quality leadership in the United States Armed Forces. Similarities of Total Quality Management (TQM) and Maneuver Warfare Doctrine; Reasons for the rejection of TQM by the U.S. Armed Forces;...
- Marketcapsule: Breakfast-skipping in the military. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p16
Presents statistical information on the consumption of fat by member of the military in the United States. Details on the survey.
- Multicolored opportunities. Peak, Martha H. // Management Review;May95, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p1
Editorial. Focuses on the effect of military downsizing on the employment of service people in the United States. Military experience in diversity training; Difficulty of service veterans to enter the civilian sector; Training of disadvantaged young people in the military; Diversity...
- The Effect of Separation Bonuses on Voluntary Quits: Evidence from the Military's Downsizing. Mehay, Stephen L.; Hogan, Paul F. // Southern Economic Journal;Jul98, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p127
Reports that a model of the separation decision of mid-career personnel to voluntarily leave the United States Military, in response to a financial incentive program is tested. Details on the annualized cost of leaving a framework; Information on the program evaluation estimates; Examination of...
- Emasculating the U.S. military. // American Enterprise;May/Jun98, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p17
Highlights the resignation of military pilots from the armed forces of the United States. Details on the number of pilots that left the service in 1997; How to maintain the status of America's military power.
- Competence, Confidence, and Dedication to Duty. Laughlin, Art // Engineer;Nov99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p61
Deals with the factors that will lead to the success of engineers in the United States Armed Forces. Meaning of competence; How confidence is acquired; Reflection of a sense of dedication to duty; Importance of integrating risk assessments for military engineers.