Silentnight Furnitute to lay off 70 staff
- Flexible shifts cut lead time. // Cabinet Maker;7/11/2003, Issue 5346, p7
Reports on the benefit of the change to flexible time shift at Silentnight Furniture to the delivery of orders.
- Director to be laid off. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p4
The article reports that Silentnight Group is going to lay off one of its sales directors as part of restructuring plan of the company. The company has five sales directors, but after the completion of restructuring only four directors would be required in its subsidiary units. The restructuring...
- Marketing award for silentnight. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p1
Reports that the marketing team at Silentnight Beds has received the Consumer Marketing award at the Furniture Industry Awards gala dinner for its advertising campaign featuring a hippo and duck.
- Silentnight snaps up Ducal for Â£15m. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/03/2000, Issue 5212, p1
Reports on Silentnight Holdings' acquisition of Ducal, a cabinet and upholstery manufacturer in Great Britain.
- Silentnight warns of more restructuring pain. // Cabinet Maker;5/9/2003, Issue 5337, p3
Reports on the financial performance of furniture firm Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain as of May 9, 2003. Restructuring cost; Pre-tax losses; Operating profits; Bed sales.
- Growing Silentnight looks forward to investment boost. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/15/98, Issue 5088, p5
Reports on the increase in the profits of Silentnight Holdings due to the 10 percent and 11 percent rise in bed and cabinet sales in Great Britain. Increase in the sales of the country's bed trade; Expectations of continued increase in sales with the warehousing and extensions at Perfecta and...
- New lines bring in orders for Silentnight Group. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;09/18/98, Issue 5106, p4
Reports on Silentnight Group's launching of a line of furniture at Salterforth in England. Attendance at the launch; Value of orders; Notable items from the line.
- Children are the goal. // Cabinet Maker;05/12/2000, Issue 5187, p4
Reports on Silentnight Furniture's plan to branch out into the children's market with the launch of its Mad About Football bedroom cabinet range at its At Home.
- Rising to the design challenge. // Cabinet Maker;5/30/2003, Issue 5340, p7
Reports on the responsibility of Silentnight Beds to lead and develop the furniture industry market. Growth of bed market; Introduction of Ikea of levels of furniture design and value; Increase of sales in the upper-middle sector.