MFI sales dip again
- Why MFI needs a little distance. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;10/14/2005, Issue 5460, p9
Comments on the mutual dependence between furniture retailers MFI Furniture Group PLC and Howdens Joinery Ltd. in Great Britain. Identification of the factors contributing to the success of MFI; Indication of the comparison in the two formats of the retailers to the consumers; Assertion on the...
- MFI glows with style after a hot winter sale. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2003, Issue 5329, p3
Reports on the sales performance of furniture firm MFI Furniture in Great Britain. Percentage of increase in sales; Dining and bedroom lines of MFI; Sales of Sofa Workshop.
- Analysts reverse after sharp sales drop at MFI. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;5/28/2004, Issue 5390, p7
Reveals the sales performance of the retail furniture industry in Great Britain, current as of May 28, 2004. Sales decline of John Lewis of Hungerford; Losses of MFI Furniture; Marks & Spencer.
- Bathroom test at MFI. // Cabinet Maker;6/22/2001, Issue 5243, p5
Discusses the plans of kitchen and bedroom retailer MFI to introduce bathrooms to 13 of its 197 stores by the end of June 2001.
- Argos grabs the furniture crown. // Cabinet Maker;12/15/2006, Issue 5518, p4
The article reports on the leadership of Argos in the furniture retail industry in Great Britain in 2006. MFI, which has been at the top of the list since 1986, was overtaken by Argos, DFS and Ikea. Argos, a catalog retailer which sells its furniture online, has seen a growth in its market share...
- Which? targets MFI sales tactics. // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2005, Issue 5447, p4
Reports on issues over misleading promotions faced by MFI Furniture Group PLC in Great Britain. Investigation made by consumer body Which? on the pricing practices of MFI; Use of underhand tactics to fool customers into believing they were getting a bargain; Need for companies to adhere to the...
- Share Update on 24 May. // Cabinet Maker;5/28/2004, Issue 5390, p7
Reveals the stock performance of furniture industry retailers in Great Britain, current as of May 28, 2004. Beale; MFI Furniture; DFS Furniture; Laura Ashley; Collins and Hayes.
- MFI offers to let space despite ongoing review. Goodburn, Matt // Finance Week (Centaur Communications);12/7/2005, p1
The article reports that MFI Furniture Group PLC is trying to sell its retail stores to tile and wood flooring retailer Topps Tiles. The news comes despite the company insisting that it will not make a final decision on the sale until Matthew Ingle, its retail estate until chief executive...
- MFI. Kemp, Ed // Marketing (00253650);3/15/2006, p22
The article reports that erratic product development and chaotic pricing have led to a damaging fall in sales for the furniture retailer, MFI Furniture Group PLC. Once the nation's leading furniture retailer, MFI announced this month that it suffered pre-tax losses of Â£110.8 million. The...