Planning change could hit high street stores
- Retailers get street wise. Thame, David // Estates Gazette;11/6/2004 Centre Retailing, p14
Discusses the application of open-street retail scheme in the designs of shopping centers in Sheffield, England. Goal of urban regeneration company Sheffield One on the city-center development in the city; Amenities included in the design plan for Sheffield; Advantages of using open-street...
- 2. AREA ANALYSIS. Lazer, William // Journal of Marketing;Jul1957, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p67
The article presents abstracts of two articles in the field of retail trading areas, including "So You Want to Go into a Shopping Center?" and "Where to Locate in Growing Towns."
- South East in vogue. Cavanagh, Elaine // Estates Gazette;7/2/2005, Issue 526, p72
Focuses on fashion retailers which are snapping up space in schemes all over England. Plan of Crawley regarding the redevelopment of Crawley Town Centre North in Sussex; Legal agreement between Whitgift and Irish investor Howard Holdings; Retail stores which have opened in Kent.
- Store Location Research -- A Survey by Retailing Chains. Applebaum, William // Journal of Retailing;Summer64, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p53
This article reports the results of an exploratory survey of store location research currently being done by retailing chains in the United States. It is based on 73 replies received to a questionnaire sent to 170 large retailing firms. Retail sites, whether internal, axial, pivotal, peripheral,...
- Rewriting Retail. Field, Katherine // Chain Store Age;Mar2007, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p163
The article reports on a pilot program launched in Sugar Land, Texas aimed at redeveloping troubled retail centers at the suburb. Municipalities around Sugar Land are also looking to forge partnerships with property owners and developers to revive dying areas and attract desirable tenants....
- fighting fit. Harris, David // Estates Gazette;10/4/2008 Retail Supplement, p54
The article deals with the growing number of shopping centres in Croatia. Croatia in 2008 is a good place for retail developers to build. Although the bulk of retail space is still made up of traditional-style high street shopping, new shopping centres have been springing up all over the...
- Best shopping centre of the year. // Estates Gazette;11/15/2008 Mapic EG Retail Awards, p13
The article announces the recipients of the Best Shopping Centre of the Year award at the 2008 MAPIC EG Retail awards in Europe, including Multi Turkmall in Istanbul, Turkey, Zlote Tarasy in Warsaw, Poland, and Cabot Circus in Bristol, England.
- More stores, less profit. Muller, Joan // Finance Week;02/23/2001, p16
Suggests that more retail groups have expanded their number of stores following continued development of shopping centers in South Africa. Effect of the expansion on profitability; Rise in the number of profit warnings issued by retailers to their stockholders; Leading shopping malls in the...
- Is bigger better? Knight, Mary Beth // Chain Store Age;Jan1999, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p142
Relates the position of retailers in the United States as the surge of development in shopping centers grow. Pros and cons of the narrowing market; Reason it is important for retailers to build strong relationships with mall owners; Quality of the management of the centers; Issue on lease...