Health Care Vet Ellen Gordon Moves to FGIC From Goldman
- Wall Street sees Austin venture as new model for church financing. Feuerherd, Joe // National Catholic Reporter;6/17/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p5
Examines the plans of global investment banking firm Goldman Sachs and advisory company O'Meara, Ferguson and Keams to target the financial power of the Catholic dioceses in the U.S. as a player in the securities markets. Aim of the venture to creating an alternative financial paradigm for the...
- Muni Prices End Higher; Goldman Sachs Wins $429 Million Georgia GO Issue. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p2
Reports the condition of the bond markets. Improvements of the underwriting market; Victory of Goldman, Sachs & Co. of general obligation bonds at sealed auction; Range of serial bond yields.
- Amid Changes and Upheaval at LAUSD, The Bonding Goes On With $1B GO Sale. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/27/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32680, p8
The article reports on the plan of Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) to issue its $1 billion in general obligation bonds, in an effort to keep itself moving. Despite the changes that took place within its portals, such as having new superintendent and school board, LAUSD still pursues...
- Following Holiday Lull, Issuance Set to Swell to $7.6 Billion. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;7/9/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32666, p7
The article reports on two sales of bonds which will amount to $7.6 billion and will take place in the U.S. after the July 4 holiday of 2007. The first deal is set by the Puerto Rico Sales Tax Financing Corp., which will market $2.6 billion tax-exempt and $1 billion of taxable. These will be...
- Ginnie Issuing First Strip MBS. Shenn, Jody // American Banker;7/30/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 146, p7
Reports that the Government National Mortgage Association is expected to issue its first "stripped" mortgage-backed securities. Details of the transaction underwritten by a syndicate of 14 Wall Street dealers led by Goldman Sachs Group Inc.; How the strips will be the first guaranteed by the...
- Quality Systems, Inc. to Present at the Goldman Sachs 32nd Annual Global Healthcare Conference. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;6/9/2011, p859
The article offers information on the 32nd Annual Global Healthcare Conference of Goldman Sachs Group Inc., to be held on June 7 and June 9, 2011 at Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, California.
- Municipal Prices Rise 1/4 to 3/8 Point; PaineWebber Trims Some Mass.Yields. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30913, p2
Presents a recap of municipal bond market trading highlights on June 15, 2000 in the United States. Increase in prices of municipal bonds; PaineWebber Inc.'s revision of the price of Massachusetts general obligation bonds for institutional investors; Goldman Sachs & Co.'s acquisition of New...
- Munis Finish Flat as Trading Activity Starts Winding Down. Johnson, Anastisija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/22/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32284, p2
The article analyzes the performance of the American municipal bond market as of December 22, 2005. The market was flat as yields were unchanged and trading was not continuous. Goldman Sachs & Co. managed Puerto Rican tax and revenue notes. The county of Suffolk sold tax anticipation notes....
- In debt e-issuance race, Goldman claims a lead role. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/05/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 23, p4
Reports the business deal between Goldman Sachs & Co. and DaimlerChrysler AG regarding corporate bonds in New York, New York. Debate over the remaining amount of Internet bond market; List of Internet bond players; Account on the bond pricing scandal at Wall Street.