Backers of W. Virginia Pension Issue Hope the End's in Sight
- Amended Tobacco Bond Bill Moves Foward in West Virginia House. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31833, p7
Reports that a legislative committee approved an amended version of a tobacco bond bill that Washington Governor Bob Wise proposed to cover a portion of the state's unfunded pension liabilities. House Finance Committee's approval of Wise's proposal calling for the issuance of several hundred...
- West Virginia Pension Deal May Be Put on the Table Again. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p4
Focuses on efforts of West Virginia's governor Bob Wise and Pension Bond Review Committee to get a legislative approval for a multi-billion dollar sale of taxable general obligation bonds. Interest rates that have prompted state officials to renew their efforts in that direction; Governor who...
- Gov. Wise to Push for W. Va. Tobacco, Pension Bond Deals. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p32
Focuses on West Virginia governor Bob Wise's push for the issue of tobacco and taxable pension bonds. Total value of the bonds; Payments received by the state according to a settlement; Law of the state related to tobacco settlement funds.
- Governor to Seek $225M for Security. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/22/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31248, p5
Focuses on plans by West Virginia Governor Bob Wise to seek approval from state lawmakers for a multi-million dollar bond issue. Purpose for the issue of bonds; Expectations of Wise regarding introduction of a legislation for bond issue; Statistics regarding floating rates.
- W. Virginia Inches Closer. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;03/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31104, p1
Reports on West Virginia Governor Bob Wise's appointment of a review committee which must approve the underwriters and bond counsel for the state's taxable pension bond issue. Administration Counsel John Poffenbarger's attempt to set up a meeting of the panel; Members of the review committee.
- Lawsuits Against Nonprofit Hospitals Can't Be Consolidated, Panel Rules. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31995`, p3
Reports on the ruling of the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multi-District Litigation concerning the consolidation of lawsuits against nonprofit hospitals who have breached their obligations to provide charity care to uninsured. Dismissal of the compliant on the grounds that Scruggs has no standing to...
- West Virginia Pension Deal Clears Hurdle on Long Trip to Market. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p29
Reports that West Virginia Governor Bob Wise has signed into law a measure eliminating a major roadblock to a long-awaited pension bond sale. Introduction of the measure at the governor's request; Stipulation in the Pension Liability Redemption Act; Constitutionality on the issuance of the bonds.
- Court's Refusal to Rule Fails to Derail W. Va. Governor's Plans for Bond Sale. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;06/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31152, p3
Reports that West Virginia's Department of Administration and Governor Bob Wise have decided to proceed with a proposed taxable pension bond sale. Refusal of the state Supreme Court to hear a test case aimed at determining the constitutionality of issuing bonds without a referendum; Financing...
- W. Va. Turns to Tobacco. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/29/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31810, p1
Reports on the proposal of Governor Bob Wise to issue a multi-million dollar taxable revenue bonds supported by the state's share of tobacco settlement funds in West Virginia. Use of the proceeds to pay a portion of the state's pension liabilities; Selling of the rights to the tobacco...