Kansas Lawmaker Throws Roadblock In Front of Waterwalk Bonds
- Early Retirement. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p31
Reports on the announcement of the sufficient countywide sales tax collection by the Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District in Wisconsin. Use of the tax collection to repay issued bonds; Total amount of sales tax collected.
- The Voters Speak. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p31
Reports on the approved three bond measures in several localities in Alaska. Amount of the released general obligation bonds of schools; Rejection of bond issue to build government offices; Enactment of sales tax.
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31349, p29
Reports developments on bonds in the U.S. as of March 2002. Approval of local-option sales taxes by voters; Construction of the resort and conference center by West Feliciana Parish; Debate on the sale of revenue bonds by officials in Jackson.
- Louisiana Senate Authorizes $2.2 Billion in GOs for 2003. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p36
Reports the approval of general obligation bond authorizations in Louisiana. Proposal to renew sales tax on food and utilities; Use of cash raised through the tax amnesty program to pay off debt.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31410, p31
Reports developments related to bond issues as of June 18, 2002 in the Southwestern States. Revenue bond financing of the convention center in Phoenix, Arizona; Sales tax increase for school districts in Kansas; Nature of the conservation district elections in New Mexico.
- Utah Transit Agency Paves Way for $185 Million Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p4
Reports the 185 million dollars insured sales tax revenue bond deal by Utah Transit Authority. Information on I-Deal Parity bidding system to finance the purchase; Aims to relieve traffic congestion in the area; Allocation of resources to finance small amounts of bus and light-rail system...
- Stadium Sales Tax Touted. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/8/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33529, p9
The article reports on a study conducted by Springsted Inc. which revealed that the increase of the sales tax of the Minnesota Viking stadium would raise 22.5 million U.S. dollar annual revenue which is needed to repay the bonds of Ramsey County, Minnesota.
- Texas. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p42
Reports that voters in Bedford, Texas, has been expected to got to the polls on November 4, 1997, for a sales tax election which will be used to back bonds.
- Arkansas Town Seeks Tax Extension for Further Roadwork. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30873, p3
Reports that officials in Jonesboro, Arkansas are planning a referendum that they hope will allow the city to keep collecting the one percent sales tax that backed a 22 million dollar bond debt. Financing of a comprehensive road project; Revenues from the sales tax.