N.Y.C. Council Opts for Limited Anti-Predatory Lending Law
- Chicago's New `Predatory Lending' Law Could Affect Banks' Muni Bond Units. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;09/01/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30967, p3
No abstract available.
- Expect More State Predatory Laws. Sichelman, Lew // National Mortgage News;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the expected increase in the number of states enacting laws against predatory lending in the United States. States planning to enact such laws in 2003; Bills under consideration in the states; Measures enacted to register of license loan originators.
- Mortgage Players Knock Legislation. Donovan, Kevin // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/17/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the implementation of controversial predatory lending laws that are similar to the amended Georgia Fair Lending Act, in New York and New Jersey. Impact of the laws on mortgage lenders of the states; Reasons behind resistance of lawmakers in the states to enforcement of the laws;...
- GA Scales Back Anti-Predatory Law. // National Mortgage News;3/17/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p16
Reports on the removal of some of the more onerous provisions of the Georgia Fair Lending Act. Favorable response of the mortgage industry and rating agencies to the scaled-back version of the anti-predatory lending law; Key provisions of the amended bill; Impact of the law on the secondary market.
- Ohio Judge: State Law Pre-Empts Dayton's Predatory Lending Rules. Brustein, Joshua // National Mortgage News;9/15/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p14
Reports on the battle between cities and the state over predatory lending law in Ohio. Nature of the conflict; Decision of the Common Pleas Court concerning regulation of mortgage lending; Advantage of home rule provision.
- Fed Nominee Would Back Predator Laws . Heller, Michele // American Banker;6/14/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 114, p1
Reports that U.S. Federal Reserve Board vice chairman Roger W. Ferguson Jr. told Senate panel that legislation is necessary to control predatory lending practices. Response of Senate panel's chairman Paul Sarbanes to Ferguson's statement; Changes which federal board has proposed to its...
- Sarbanes Says He Might Back Preemption. Heller, Michele // American Banker;3/11/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 47, p8
Reports on the possibility of U.S. Senate Banking Committee chairman to support a federal preemption of state predatory-lending laws.
- High Foreclosure Rate Sparks New Law in Ohio. Brustein, Joshua // Mortgage Servicing News;Sep2003, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the passage of the anti-predatory lending legislation in Cleveland Heights, Ohio. Lawsuit filed by the American Financial Services Association; Disclosure provisions of the ordinance; Definition of covered loan.
- Lending on the cutting edge. Smith, Jim // ABA Banking Journal;May2002, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p12
Examines the restrictions Washington D.C. is putting on bank lending, as it has announced that predatory lending will not be tolerated. Details on a settlement between the Federal Trade Commission and a California mortgage lender, accusing it of preying on elderly homeowners; Condemnation of...