Private-Activity Proposal Won't Be Debated by House
- DOT Wants $15B in Private-Activity Bonds OK'd for Transportation. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31636, p4
The U.S. administration urged the Congress to change the tax laws to allow private companies to use up to 15 billion dollar in tax-exempt bonds to finance the construction of transportation infrastructure projects that would be exempt from the private-activity bond volume. The administration's...
- Roth agrees to add private-activity highway bonds to tax bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/22/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30688, p36
Indicates that United States Senate Finance Committee Chairman William V. Roth has agreed to add a proposal allowing states to issue tax-exempt private activity bonds for highway and bridge projects to the tax-cut bill pending before his committee. Committee's approval of the tax-cut bill;...
- Final yield-burning rules. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the issuance of tax regulations on arbitrage restrictions for tax-exempt bonds in the United States.
- Tax Bill Provisions May Spur Flood Of School Construction Issuance. Kinnander, Ola; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31149, p1
Reports the approval of a bill with tax-exempt bond provisions by the United States Congress. Expectations of bond market participants for an increase in the issuance of school construction bonds; Effectivity of the bill bond provisions; Measures dropped from the tax bill during final negotiations.
- Washington alert. // Bond Buyer;11/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30768, p3A
Informs that the United States House Ways and Means Committee has approved the last pending tax bill in 1999 that includes provisions dealing with tax-exempt bonds.
- Albany's acts of bondage. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p9
Focuses on a transportation bond act proposed by the New York State Legislature to help pay for improvements to the state's roads, bridges, and mass transit systems. Decline in road and bridge maintenance; Outcome of the two previous transportation funding acts enacted by the legislature; How...
- Recent Developments in Federal Project Finance. Seltzer, David // Public Roads;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p26
Presents information on the United States Transportation Equity Act for the 21st century's funding levels for surface transportation projects. Information on Grant Anticipation Revenue Vehicles bonds; Details on the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act of 1998; Development...
- Identifying Planning Opportunities In The New Tax Act. Scroggin, John // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/23/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 25, p45
Focuses on the identification of the planning opportunities created by the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act signed by U.S. President George W. Bush on May 28, 2003. Reduction in income tax rate; Marriage penalty relief; Child-care credit.
- Captive tax proposal dropped from Senate bill. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;6/24/96, Vol. 100 Issue 26, p35
Reports that a proposal to tax captive insurance companies was eliminated from the legislation H.R. 3448 or the Small Business Job Protection Act of 1996, which was approved by the US Senate. Council of Insurance Agents and Brokers' opposition against the proposal which remains in a companion...