Colorado Teasurer Floats 2nd Tobacco Bond Plan
- Colorado Treasurer Pushes $1 Billion Tobacco Securitization. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p4
Reports that Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman has unveiled a tobacco securitization proposal that includes an unenhanced issuance of tax-exempt and taxable tranches. Sale of tobacco bonds; Structure of the debt with turbo amortization; Issuance of the bonds.
- Colorado Treasurer Believes State Should Try Tobacco-Backed Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32002, p1
Reports on the recommendation of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman for the state General Assembly to authorize securitization of the state's share of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) with major tobacco companies in Colorado. Failure of Coffman to convince lawmakers to sell bonds backed...
- Colorado Treasurer Offers New $800M Tobacco Bond Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32013, p40
Reports that Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman has proposed selling tobacco settlement bonds in order to boost the state's credit rating. Aim of raising funds for K-12 public education; Deficit of the state; Ratings of the state by Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service; Bond...
- Colorado Treasurer Pessimistic About Current State of Tobacco. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31762, p1
Reports on the pessimism of Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman toward the issuance of tobacco revenue bonds. Percentage of the interest rates; Discussion of the securitization proposal; Reduction of the budget deficits.
- D.C. Council Undivided in Support of Tobacco Securitization. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p4
Reports on the plan of the District of Columbia to enact legislation to sell bonds in order to securitize its share of the national tobacco settlement. Size of the bond issue; Implementation of the bond proposals.
- Tobacco Deal Yanked. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/25/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31003, p1
Reports on the bond issue of Contra Costa County, California backed by tobacco settlement securitizations. Expected yields of the bonds; Negative arbitrage that will be received by the bonds.
- Rating agencies' varied views on tobacco create great debate. Beer, Kieran // Bond Buyer;07/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30685, p31
Comments on the reactions of the participants of The Bond Buyer's Tobacco Settlement Conference in Washington D.C. on June 29-30, 1999 on the asset securitization of tobacco bonds. Debate on the proceeds of the Master Settlement Agreement (MSA); Projects to issue bonds backed by settlement...
- Whither tobacco cash? Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30842, p1
Reports that bond issuers are trying to determine what approach to take in treating tobacco-related financing in the United States. Underwriting firms' suggestions on how to access settlement proceeds and financing methods that may help capture the value of future inflows; Debate between...
- Colorado treasurer pushes issuance to securitize tobacco case proceeds. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/22/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30688, p4
Cites the efforts of Colorado Treasurer Michael Coffman to push the state closer to issuing debt for the second time in 1999. Aim to securitize proceed from the state's tobacco settlement; Successful effort in pushing a plan to issue pension obligations through the General Assembly; Novel...