D.C. Mayor's Bond-Tax Plan Faces Tough Odds in Council
- IRS Rules Louisiana Authority Bonds Taxable. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32006, p4
Reports on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's ruling declaring that the interest on $100 million of tax-exempt pooled revenue bonds issued by the Louisiana Local Governmental Environmental Facilities and Community Development Authority is taxable due to arbitrate violations. Reasons given by...
- Key D.C. Council Members Oppose Bond Tax Plan. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31858, p5
Forecasts that District of Columbia Mayor Anthony Williams' proposal to tax interest earned on out-of-district tax-exempt bonds will not be enacted. Opposition by the members of the city council's tax-writing committee; Raft of revenue-raising measures found in the mayor's 2005 budget...
- D.C. Mayor to Council: Reverse Tax on Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p44
Reports on the request of Washington D.C. mayor Anthony A. Williams to the city council for reversing its decision to impose a tax on the interest earned out-of-state tax-exempt bonds.
- Deutsche Bank's $313M D.C. Stadium Plan Is the Frontrunner. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/16/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32133, p52
The article reports that Deutsche Bank AG's financing proposal for a District of Columbia baseball stadium that requires the district to sell up to $313 million of tax-exempt bonds is the only financing plan the District Council is seriously considering, but the plan could yet be modified to...
- Authority to Offer Pick for D.C. Convention Center Hotel Site. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p35
Reports that the Washington, D.C. Convention Center Authority will recommend the location of a convention center hotel that is to be financed with tax-exempt bonds. Authority's recommendation of the financing package; Plans to extend the maturity date of the bonds to 2037; Mayor Anthony...
- Mayor's '07 Budget for D.C. Calls For $849M in Issuance. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p5
The article reports on Washington, D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams' proposed 4.95 billion budget for fiscal 2007 which begins on October 1, 2007. It includes the issuance of 849 million dollars in bonds, almost all of which would be general obligation debt. The budget refers to locally generated...
- D.C. Mayor's 2003 Budget Calls for $250M of GO Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31347, p1
Reports on the launching of the city budget by Anthony A. Williams, mayor of Washington D.C. Data on the proposed budget; Worth of the issued general obligation bonds; Impact of the increased demand for special education and health care services to the funds of the city.
- JetBlue to Tap Muni Market for $50 Million. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p40
Reports on the approval of $50 million in tax-exempt bonds by New York City Industrial Development Agency in New York on March 11, 2003. Utilization of the proceeds.
- Census Data Gives Volume Cap a Lift. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p1
Reports on the expected increase in the amount of tax-exempt private-activity bonds that can be issued in the United States in 2001. Factors contributing to the increase; Approval of the increase in state-by-state private-activity bond volume cap; Population figures released by the U.S. Census...