- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, March 31. // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p2
Presents information on economic indicators of relevance to the U.S. bond market as of March 31, 2004. Government securities prices; Factory orders.
- Real GDP 2007: Fourth-Quarter Preliminary Estimate. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar2008, p8
The article reports on the unchanged real gross domestic product (GDP) of the U.S. which is growing at an annualized rate of 0.6 percent in the fourth quarter of 2007. The positive improvements in net exports balanced the downward revisions to private investment. Moreover, exports were adjusted...
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/12/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 23, p12
The article offers economic briefs in the U.S. in 2009. The retail sales in the U.S. for the month of May rise to 0.5% since January excluding automobiles and gasoline, which also gain 0.5%. Unemployment benefits fell by 24,000 as of June 6 to 601,000 below the expectations of some analysts....
- Business Inventories Up; Sales Also Rise. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32261, p2
Reports on the growth in business inventories along with sales in the U.S.
- U.S. Steel Inventories Continue Yearlong Rise. // Metal Center News;Oct2006, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p71
The article reports on the increase in the steel inventories at service centers in the U.S. in August 2006. Service centers shipped 5.1 million tons of steel products during the month. Moreover, month-end steel inventories totaled about 15.9 million tons, which can be translated into a 19.0...
- INVESTMENTS. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/25/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p28
Several charts and tables are presented including the number of monthly jobless claims in the U.S. from October 2005 to August 2006 and the percentage of business inventories from July 2005 to July 2006.
- Wholesale Inventories Dip 0.8%, Sales Up 0.2% in May. Yong Lim // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/10/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 26, p12
The article reports on the decrease of the inventory of wholesale merchants in May 2009 in the U.S. It states that the economists canvassed by Thomson Reuters anticipated a 1.0 decrease in the inventories of wholesale. It mentions that the ratio of the sales was 1.29 which was away from the 1.31...
- Industrial Production Inches Up in July. Perris, Graig T. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32918, p2
Reports on the increase in production and capacity utilization at the factories, mines and utilities in the U.S. Percentage of the increase due to an increase in business equipment; Decline in the output of consumer goods and mining; Factors that contributed to the increase.
- Industrial Output Gains; Capacity Use at 81.8%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p2
The article reports on the data released by the U.S. Federal Reserve Board which showed that industrial production has increased 0.4% in December 2006. The growth was driven by a 0.8% rise in mining production. The capacity utilization rate grew to 81.8% in during the month. The December level...