Airports to Strike Back
- Subleases Are Loans, United Says. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p1
Reports on the argument made by United Airlines Inc. in the Bankruptcy Court over its subleases established as part of special facilities revenue bond issues in four airports in the U.S. Assertion of disquised financings because of rental payment; Identification of debt service; Attribution of...
- Denver, United Moving Ahead With DIA Agreement. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32282, p32
The article reports that the city and county of Denver, Colorado has been scheduled to receive a $21.6 million payment from United Airlines Inc. This payment has been made as part of a tax settlement reached in an agreement that also included the city's decision to forgive $185 million of debt...
- Gearing Up for Savings. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/5/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31650, p1
This article focuses on the plans of Atlanta, Georgia to issue 573 million dollars of fixed-and variable-rate refunding revenue bonds for Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport in a complex deal that will use a barter to achieve debt service savings, as the world's busiest airport continues to...
- Dayton, Ohio, Airport Awaits FAA Decision on Revenue Plan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p26
Reports that the James M. Cox Dayton International Airport in Dayton, Ohio, is awaiting a decision from the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration to allow it to expand the use of its passenger facility charge revenue. Plans of the airport to free up funds for debt service for outstanding bonds;...
- Interest Savings. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports on the impact of structure of District of Columbia's sale of insured general obligation bonds on city government debt service over the life of bonds. Type of bonds sold by the district; Cost saving features of bonds.
- SOUTHEAST BOND-WATCH. Sigo, Shelly; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/17/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31493, p30
Reports developments on industrial bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Ways of paying debt service on the nonrated bonds; Deterioration of the financial condition in bond documents; Construction of a convention center hotel.
- Dauphin County, Pa., Agency Misses Forum Place Payment. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/17/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31429, p36
Reports the default of Series B revenue bonds of Dauphin County in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Nature of the deal to purchase the Forum Place; Failure in making debt service payment; Concern over default ramifications.
- Even Without a Budget, Tennessee Makes Its Debt Payments. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/2/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31420, p5
Reports the debt service payments of bond officials in Tennessee. Adoption of temporary spending measures; Authority of the critical services law; Utilization of reserves to pay budget deficits.
- Chicago Suburb Takes Second Stab at Hotel Debt Relief. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;12/29/2015, p1
With a fresh default on debt service looming, Lombard, Ill., wants bondholders to buy into a proposed restructuring of its $190 million of hotel/conference center debt.