Springfield Power Plant
- BIZ Briefs. // njbiz;9/24/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p2
This section offers business news briefs in the U.S. A total $1.1 billion in bonds was sold by the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority to finance work on the state's bridges, tunnels, roads and rail lines. In September 2007, 688 layoffs was announced by Johnson & Johnson's Belgian...
- Wyoming Environmentalists Urge Leveraging IRBs for Cleaner Coal Plant. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;12/30/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32040, p3
The article reports that two Wyoming environmental conservation groups are urging the state's governor to not allocate industrial revenue bonds for a local power plant unless construction plans incorporate a cleaner-coal burning design. The Wyoming chapter of the Sierra Club and the Wyoming...
- Two Midwest Power Agencies Ready Sales for New Coal-Fired Power Plant. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p40
The article reports on the decision of two municipal power agencies in Indiana and Illinois to pursue financing plans for their shares in a coal-fired power plant in Kentucky. The Indiana Municipal Power Agency will price 163 million dollars of power supply system revenue bonds with Citigroup...
- Ohio Offers Site for FutureGen Electric Plant, Promises Bonds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32384, p40
The article reports on the response of the state of Ohio to a request for proposals in public-private initiative partnering the U.S. Department of Energy and private companies to design and construct a 1 billion dollars coal-supplied electric plant. The state suggested the issuance of 300...
- Air Toxics Rule Will Close Some Power Plants. Kasey, Pam // State Journal (WV);12/16/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p1
The article reports that the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for power plants is expected to contribute to the closure of several old coal-fired power plants across the country by 2015.
- Congress Nixes Rider to Block EPA Suit. // Coal Age;Jan2000, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on the lawsuits filed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency against coal-fired power plants and utilities. Implication of the budget rider that would have exempted the utilities from clean air lawsuits; Reasons for filing the suits; Utilities named in the suits.
- Illinois Tries To Help Weak Coal Industry. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p1
Reports on efforts by Illinois lawmakers and Governor George Ryan to complete work on a compromise plan to boost the state's faltering coal industry through a mix of bond-financed loans and tax incentives. Proposed authorization of the sale of general obligation bonds to help finance the...
- VOTERS DEFEAT BOND ISSUE FOR NEW 300-MW
COAL-BURNING POWER PLANT. // Coal Age;Sep2004, Vol. 109 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the decision of voters to defeat a bond issue that would finance a new coal-burning power plant in Springfield, Missouri. Probable effect of the passage of the bond issue; Cost of the project; Potential benefits of the project.
- New Environmental Rules Keep Pressure on Coal-Fired Generation. Bell, Brandon // Power;8/1/2012, p58
The article reports that the new U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations are affecting the nation's coal power plants. The latest proposed rule focuses on the release of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. The latest regulations also will affect other power systems, such as natural...