Schools' Poor Showing
- S&P Raises to A Plus Tooele County 5D. // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p2
Reports on the increase in the rating on Tooele County, Utah, School District Board of Education's general obligation debt to A-plus from A by Standard &Poor's Corp. Assignment of an A-plus underlying rating and stable outlook to the district's $10 million of Series 2004B GO school building...
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33045, p2
The article offers U.S. news briefs related to the bond market. Tender rates for the Treasury Department's 91-day and 182-day discount bills were higher than the previous week. Standard & Poor, raised the long-term and underlying ratings on Will County Township High School District No. 204's...
- S&P, Moody's Remove Detroit Schools From Negative Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32266, p34
The article reports on the removal of Detroit Public Schools' debt from negative watch by rating agencies Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Standard & Poor's affirmed its BBB-minus underlying rating with a stable outlook on the district's...
- S&P assigns first issuer rating in California. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on Standard & Poor's issuance of an issuer credit rating to Long Beach, California. Features of the rating; Reason for the issuance of the rating to Long Beach; Number of municipalities which have received such ratings.
- S&P Pushes Nassau County, N.Y., Up A Notch, Citing 'Significant Progress'. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p3
Reports that credit rating company Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded Nassau County, New York's ratings. Reasons cited for the upgradation; Upgrade of ratings by other credit rating companies; Issues to be resolved for the county.
- S& P Puts Michigan's AAA on Negative CreditWatch, With Eye on Shortfall Strategy. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p31
Reports on the triple-A rating assigned by Standard & Poor's to Michigan. Approval of general obligation campaign program; Definition of the scope and cost of unfunded capital projects; Amount of the general fund balance.
- Puerto Rico Retains S&P Negative Watch . // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p5
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. on credit rating of Puerto Rico as of January 11, 2002. Projected gap in recurring revenue budgets; Availability of emergency funds to bridge the gap.
- With Air Travel's Future Turbulent, S&P Downgrades Two JFK Credits. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p1
Reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. has downgraded two JFK International Airport credits in the U.S. Decline in the outlook on other airport credits; Comments of director Kurt Forsgren on the downgrade; Maintenance of A-level rating on the airport sector.
- Charlotte-Douglas Airport Gets Negative Outlook From S&P. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p3
Reports on the credit ratings given by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. to the Charlotte-Doughlas International Airport. Basis for the ratings; Details of the airport's debt.