Shelby County, Tenn., Issuing $285 Million to Take Out Notes
- Coping in a tough year. Inklebarger, Timothy // Pensions & Investments;5/4/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses the latest strategies of managers of long-duration and government bonds. It is said that safety reigns supreme this year with these managers with the top 10 for the 12 months being marked with two intermediate strategies, one short-term strategy and one multisector...
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;3/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32081, p8
The article presents a list of municipal bonds offered by several cities in the U.S. It presents information on issuers, financial advisors, legal opinion providers, insurers of the bonds.
- Hawaii County Readies State's First Competitive Bond Deal in Seven Years. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;1/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32307, p6
The article reports that Hawaii County will competitively sell $50 million in bonds the first time any municipal issuer in the state has done anything other than a negotiated deal in seven years. The deal's financial adviser is Gary Kitahata of Kitahata & Co. The last competitive sale by a...
- New York MTA to Remarket $148M of TBTA Bonds in October. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;9/22/2014, p39
The article reports on the plan of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authorrity (MTA) to remarket 148 million dollars of Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority subordinate revenue variable rate bonds to retail investors in October 2014. The bonds are said to consist of Series A, B, C and...
- Albuquerque Tapping Out GO Authorization With $48M Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32682, p7
The article reports on the final authorization of Albuquerque's $121 million of general obligation (GO) bonds approved by voters in New Mexico. The competitive sale of the bonds totaled $48.1 million which includes the general purpose GOs and storm sewer bonds. Other allocations included $30.7...
- Backlog of Unfinished Projects Begins to Weigh on New Mexico. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p26
The article reports that more than $1 billion of capital outlay funds appropriated by the New Mexico Legislature remains to be unspent, unwanted and unaccounted for. Included in the backlog is $473 million of capital outlay funds appropriated by the Legislature in 2005. Also included in the...
- States Awash in Private-Use Capacity. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32123, p1
Reports on the private-activity bond capacity of several states from 2004 to 2005 in the U.S. Amount of private-activity bond carried at the end of 2004 by the District of Columbia; Percentage increase in carryforward aggregate volume capacity; States indicating their lack of capacity for the year.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;3/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31336, p34
Highlights the results of negotiated sales of revenue bonds in the U.S. as of March 4, 2002. Details of revenue bonds series 2002 of the California School of Mechanical Arts-Lick-Wilmerding High School; Highlights of revenue bonds, series 2002A of the Department of Corrections and Department of...
- Treasury Details Next Week's Auctions. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31855, p2
Reports that the U.S. Department of the Treasury plans to raise funds by selling inflation-indexed bonds on April 7, 2004.