Broward County, Fla., Sells First Tranche of Parkland Bonds
- Florida Agency Unveils $1.5 Billion Proposal to Rejuvenate Everglades. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p1
Reports that the South Florida Water Management District unveiled on October 14, 2004, a $1.5 billion plan financed with certificates of participation that will leverage state funds to accelerate its plan to rejuvenate the Florida Everglades. Key features of the agency's Comprehensive Everglades...
- Florida lawmakers reach eleventh hour for P2000 bills. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30630, p26
Focuses on the bonding program bills for Florida's Preservation 2000 land acquisition and conservation initiative. Disagreement over the use of bond proceeds; Amount of bonds issued by the program annually; Key provisions of the bills.
- Bond Price Data and Bond Market Liquidity. Sarig, Oded; Warga, Arthur // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep89, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p367
This paper attempts to characterize liquidity-driven noise in the CRSP Government Bond price data set by comparing these price records to the independently collected Shearson Lehman Brothers (SLB) Bond Data Base. We argue that discrepancies between the data sets are due largely to...
- To Save Everglades, Florida Conservationists Call for Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/19/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31184, p3
Reports the need of a bond sale to finance the environmental restoration project of the Everglades in Florida. Amount needed; Recommendation of the Audubon Society to the South Florida Water Management District for a legislative authorization; Complexities of the Everglades conservation...
- Suit Attacks Law Enabling Illinois' $400 Million Soldier Field Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/14/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31202, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by opponents of the renovation of Soldier Field against the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority. Prevention of the issuance of bonds for the project; Details of the lawsuit filed by Friends of the Parks.
- Wisconsin's borrowing plans for conservation, construction inch forward. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;03/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30602, p7
Reports that Wisconsin could borrow general obligation bonds for land conservation projects and building projects. Proposed capital budget by the state's Building Commission; Renovations at the capitol building.
- NORTHEAST. Wormser, Julie // Wilderness Society's Quarterly Newsletter;Winter2001/2002, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the effects of human activity on the character of the Tumbledown Mountain/ Mt. Blue State Park in Maine. Designation of the area for a family vacation; Financial support from the congressional delegation of the state; Efforts of the leaders of the Tumbledown Conservation Alliance and...
- The cultural heritage. Bennett, Gordon; Lopoukhine, Nikita // UNESCO Courier;May98, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p21
Details the Cultural Resource Management (CRM) policy developed by Parks Canada agency. Purpose of the organization in conserving Canada's cultural and natural heritage; Ethical issues considered by CRM; When a site possesses commemorative integrity.
- TRIVIATEXAS. // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;Apr2014, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p3
A quiz concerning amusement park outside Houston which is featured with 50 attractions that stress environmental stewardship is presented.