Measure Allowing Companies to Benefit From $15B Likely to Be in Today's Bill
- Private-Activity Provision Dropped from House Bill, for Now. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31843, p5
Focuses on the exclusion of the proposed tax law change allowing private companies to use tax-exempt private-activity bonds to finance the construction of transportation infrastructure projects passed in the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee. Reason for the exclusion of the proposed tax law;...
- A `Particularly Nasty Insect' Inspires Bond Bill in Senate. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/27/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30879, p5
Focuses on the proposed bill that would create a new category of tax-exempt small-issue bonds and ease the curbs on mortgage revenue bonds in order to finance the repair of Formosan termite damage in the United States. Aim of providing relief for owners of small businesses and homes that have...
- Conference Committee May Start Work Next Week. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32317, p5
The article reports that a congressional conference committee may start working out differences between House and Senate versions of tax reconciliation legislation in the United States. The version of Senate comprises restrictions on pooled bond issuance and a requirement that broker-dealer...
- Connecticut special purpose bond interest. Rice, John B. // CPA Journal;Jun95, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p73
Discusses the Connecticut legislature's cancellation of the tax exemption on special purpose bonds. Background and main provisions of the legislation; Effect of the legislation on filing refund claims for calendar 1991 tax years.
- Final yield-burning rules. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the issuance of tax regulations on arbitrage restrictions for tax-exempt bonds in the United States.
- Oklahoma Governor Makes Local Bond Issues Less Taxing. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p4
Reports that Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating has signed a law that will exempt local bond issues from state income taxes. List of agencies benefiting from the law; Factors blamed for the delay in its passage; Difficulties in quantifying the amount of foregone tax revenue.
- President Signs $286.4 Billion, Six-Year Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;8/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32194, p5
Reports on the transportation bill signed by U.S. President George W. Bush, to allow private companies to use funds in tax-exempt private activity bonds to finance road building. Reliability of the transportation system; Issuance of the private-activity bonds by state and local governments;...
- Witness at Senate Hearing Questions Effectiveness of Disaster Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
An official with a nonpartisan budget watchdog group questioned the effectiveness of tax-exempt disaster bonds and other types of disaster-related tax expenditures during a Senate hearing Tuesday afternoon.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;3/22/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31846, p34
Presents updates on bond- and tax-related legislative bills in the U.S. as of March 22, 2004. Safe, Accountable, Flexible and Efficient Transportation Equity Act of 2003; Energy Conservation, Research and Development and Supply Act; Energy Tax Incentives Act of 2003; CARE Act of 2003 and...