IRS Auditing $108M of Alabama Retirement Facility Debt
- Most Audited Hospitals Expected To Restructure Debt, Lawyers Say. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p1
Focuses on the result of the audit made by the Internal Revenue Service on nonprofit hospitals having acquisition-financing bond issues in the U.S. Chances for the hospital to restructure debt; Impact of the proposed regulations on acquisition finance debt on the hospitals; Increase deals...
- Florida Pool Under Audit. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;9/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31480, p1
Audits the bond issue sold to Orange County Health Facilities Authority by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in Florida. Disclosure of hospital bonds; Assessment hospital bonds by IRS; Violation on the separation of legislative and executive power.
- IRS Audits Cause Minor Market Ripple for Casino Bonds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p6
Reports on the audit of two deals sold by conduit issuers on behalf of Native American tribes for casino-related facilities by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Yield of the bonds; Sell of bonds being audit by Capital Trust Agency on behalf of Seminole Indian Tribe of Florida; Maturation of the...
- Kentucky Counties Association Faces IRS Audit. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p23
Reports on the audit of the tax and revenue anticipation certification of participating notes issued by the Kentucky Association of Counties Advance Revenue Program in 2003 by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Notification of the issuer of the audit; Initiation of a routine examination.
- Louisiana Discloses IRS Audit of $650 Million of Refunding GOs. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;4/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33303, p5
The article reports that the state government disclosed audit information to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for its 650 million dollars worth of refunding general obligation (GO) securities sold in Louisiana in 2005.
- SEC attorney: IRS search for yield burning not always a material event. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;06/09/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30410, p3
Reports on the remarks by Mark Zhener of the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that an issuer need not disclose Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audit looking for potential yield burning to investors. Zhener as speaker at `The Bond Buyer' periodical's Pacific Northwest Public Finance...
- More Audit Info, Please. Kinnander, Ola; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31060, p1
Reports that two municipal market groups in the United States have asked the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to give issuers more information about why their bonds are being audited. Disclosure of the audits; Request made by the National Association of Bond Lawyers and a working group of the...
- Local Virginia Authority Discloses IRS Audit of Lease-to-Own Bonds. McConnell, Aison L. // Bond Buyer;3/28/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32596, p6
The article reports on the selection Virginia's Harrisonburg Redevelopment and Housing Authority as the ninth issuer of "lease-to-own" bonds. 22 bond deals completed by 21 issuers between 1996 and 2005 for arbitrage violations, bid rigging and other problems were audited by the Internal Revenue...
- Minnesota City Announces Audit of. $53.8 Million of Health Care Bonds. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;10/22/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33204, p23
The article reports on the move of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to audit the 53.8 million dollars of bonds issued by Maple Grove, Minnesota in 2005. The author states that the city government has revealed that it has received a letter from the IRS which announced that the bonds had been...