Report Points Out Ways to Fund N.Y., N.J. Transportation
- Virginia's Dulles Toll Road Ups Ante for Metrorail Extension. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32074, p4
Reports on the vote of state transportation officials to increase the toll fee on the Dulles Toll Road in Virginia. Amount approved to be raised from the toll fee; Aim of the initiative to help fund the state's share in the extension of the Metrorail subway system; Applicability of the increase...
- Paying for Highways: No free ride. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Nov2014, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on to the best mechanism for funding the needs of U.S. transportation infrastructure. It is stated that a mileage-based user fee (MBUF) that would involve eliminating or phasing out fuel taxes is one of the ways to make funding transportation needs fairer. It is noted that...
- Congestion hurts the poorest families most. Wolmar, Christian // New Statesman;9/22/2008, Vol. 137 Issue 4915, p25
In this article the author examines aspects of the plan to impose a user fee on those motorists seeking to drive in the central part of the city of Manchester, England. If enacted the money collected will be used to develop new public transportation options and to improve existing systems. The...
- Recreation Fees: Demonstration Program Successful in Raising Revenues but Could Be Improved: T-RCED-99-77. Hill, Barry T. // GAO Reports;2/4/1999, p1
The recreational fee demonstration program has provided hundreds of millions of dollars to improve visitor services and address a backlog of unmet needs. At the same time, those who pay the fees generally support the program, and it has not harmed visitation rates. This testimony focuses on...
- Verizon stops charging for LNP, Sprint cuts price. // RCR Wireless News;11/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p9
Reports on the decision of Verizon Wireless to eliminate local number portability (LNP)-related monthly charges for its customers, as of November 2004. Reason for the decision; Purpose of the charges implemented by the company; Total amount of LNP-related revenue generated by the firm.
- New York Lawmakers, Governor Agree on Congestion-Pricing Compromise. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/20/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32672, p39
The article reports that the New York State Senate, Assembly and governor have reached an agreement on a congestion-pricing plan for New York City. The lawmakers are hoping that the plan would keep the city in the running for a share of $1.1 billion of federal funding. The article reports on the...
- Need a license? It'll cost ya. Mahon, Joe // Fedgazette;Jul2004, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p8
Reports on an increase in the revenue collected by cities and counties from user fees in Wisconsin as of July 2004. Percentage of the increased revenue collection; Services that generate higher percentage of user fee revenue; Reason behind the increase in revenue collection.
- The ongoing battle between taxes, fees. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/21/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p13
Comments on Taxes Are Bad Party leader Felix Frostbite's arguments against taxation in the U.S. Link between taxation and government services; User charges as alternative to taxation.
- Drug supply in spotlight. Long, Jonathan; Buss, Jessica // Farmers Weekly;10/8/2004, Vol. 141 Issue 15, p30
Reports on the cross-subsidization of professional work with drug costs in Great Britain. Results of a survey on the amount that the average dairy client spends on fees for veterinarians; Disadvantage of sourcing drugs from a variety of outlets; Factors to consider in sustaining large animal...