Another Complex Deal
- Chicago Schools Wrap Up Complex Tender Restructuring Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/24/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31827, p28
Reports on the Chicago Board of Education and the Chicago School Finance Authority's (SFA) refund of bonds originally sold in 1992 and 1993 and remarketing of bonds from deals tendered as part of a restructuring of the SFA's debt. Loop Capital Markets Inc. as senior manager and remarketing...
- Chicago's 3-Year Funding Scheme Vetoed by Oversight Panel. Sevener, Don // Education Week;5/18/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 34, p5
The article reports on the rejection of the Chicago, Illinois School Finance Authority of the three-year financial plan outlined by the state Board of Education. Jerome Van Gorkom, chairman of the authority, claimed that their main reason in rejecting the plan is because of the huge projected...
- School watchdog calls for tax hike. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/24/95, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p58
Reports on Chicago School Finance Authority Chairman Martin Koldyke's call for a state tax increase and spending reductions to close the deficit in Chicago's Public Schools budget for 1996. Content of Koldyke's memo to Governor Jim Edgar, Mayor Richard Daley and legislative leaders.
- Pa. Turnpike Set to Finish Its Refunding. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p1
Reports the completion of planned refunding by Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission. Estimation of outstanding debt in variable-rate revenue bonds; Culmination of financing plan to save 50 million dollars; Tabulation on the bond sales according to Thompson Financial Securities Data.
- Chicago Board of Ed To Sell $250M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p1
Reports on the refund of general obligation debt of the Chicago Board of Education in Chicago, Illinois. Purpose of the move on raising funds for capital plan; Total administrative cuts being outlined from deficits; Impact of budget cuts on schools' administration.
- Cook County, Ill., Readies $215M Refunding. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31591, p28
Reports on the preparation of Cook County, Illinois to refund its outstanding general obligation debts. Possibility of decline in municipal market prices following the possible war of U.S. with Iraq; Members of the underwriting team which is involved in refunding the debts; Ratings of the...
- In Denver, Interest Rate Valleys Enhance Mile-High Refundings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p32
The article reports that the city of Denver in Colorado will go to market on behalf of its Department of Aviation with $285 million of tax-exempt refunding debt in the second half of a deal amounting to around $460 million. The deal's initial component, a $175 million issue of Series 2006B...
- N.Y.C. Sets $1.13B Advance Refunding. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p3
Reports on the advance refunding of the general obligation debt in New York City. Increase in bond yields; Estimation of value savings from the refunding; Rate of tax-exempt bonds.
- Washington Adds to Refunding, Pushing Size to $839M. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/28/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33357, p24
The article reports on the addition refunding component of general obligation bond sale, pushing 839 million dollar debt in Washington in 2010.