Nonrational Classroom Performance: Ritual as an Aspect of Action
- Project Graduation fundraising continues. // Free Press (Buda, TX);3/7/2007, Vol. 103 Issue 47, p2B
The article reports that the parents and teachers from Lehman and Hays high schools are raising funds for Project Graduation, an alcohol-free graduation night party for the graduating seniors.
- Family Celebrations at UCD Agricultural Science Conferring. // Irish Farmers Monthly;Aug2008, p6
A photograph of the conferring ceremony of the University College Dublin (UCD) Agricultural Science in Ireland is presented.
- CHS Class of '58 marks 50th anniversary. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/25/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p4
The article highlights the 50th anniversary and homecoming of the forty two members of the Clarendon High School (CHS) class of 1958 together with former teachers, friends, and family members, which will take place on September 19-20, 2008 at CHS in Texas.
- Homecoming. Kho, Christine // Teen Ink;Feb2008, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p07
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of going to a Homecoming celebration.
- TIJT HOLDS GRADUATION. // JCK;May2001, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p269
Reports on the graduation rites of Texas Institute of Jewelry Technology. Welcome address of TIJT director Teresa Shannon; Keystone speaker; Recipient of the Swest Award for Excellence; Names of graduates.
- HOMECOMING! // Baylor Business Review;Fall2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p34
The article announces Baylor's 102nd Homecoming Celebration to be held at the Cashion Academic Center on November 2.
- Let's Get Our Houses in Order: The Role of Transitional Rituals in Constructing Moral Kindergartners. McCadden, Brian M. // Urban Review;Dec97, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p239
This article stems from a participant-observation study I conducted in a full-day kindergarten classroom in a central North Carolina public school during the autumn of 1994. In attempting to understand how morality was constructed by the teacher and children there, I saw that the teacher...
- Hudson Valley Career academies graduate students at the Galleria. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;05/25/98, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p25
Presents information on the third annual graduation in Hudson Valley Career Academies in New Windsor, New York. Venue of the ceremony; What the academies offered to high school students.
- The senior send-off. Clayton, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;6/2/98, Vol. 90 Issue 130, pB1
Comments on several of the traditions which have developed around college graduations. The Laurel Parade at Mount Holyoke College; The development of stacks, or elaborate technical pranks at the California Institute of Technology; The awarding of P.H.T. degrees at Marist College; Fountain Day...