- OF MANY THINGS... D. R. C. // America;10/12/1968, Vol. 119 Issue 11, preceding p302
The article focuses on the editorial issues in several diocesan newspapers in the U.S. It mentions in that the periodical "The Tablet," argues that the services of the National Mediation Committee of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops are desperately needed in the affairs involving...
- Others see little change caused by dissent decree. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;07/31/98, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p5
Comments on the actions of Pope John Paul II on ad-hoc amendment to the Code of Canon Law. Announcement on the provision to Canon Law establishing just penalties for dissent from teaching that has been definitively held by the magisterium; How the conservative Catholics belive Ad Tuendam Fidem.
- Papal deeds speak louder. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;11/8/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p5
Discusses various social gestures of Pope John Paul II. Gifts presented by Pope to the visiting bishops from Rome, Italy during December 1996; Visit of Pope to Grand Omayyad Mosque in Damascus, Syria; Participation of Pope in the birth anniversary celebration of St. Bridget of Sweden.
- Better models. Coffey, Sandy // National Catholic Reporter;11/29/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p21
Cites names of some bishops who lived up to the Pope's desire that bishops should live more simply.
- Pope backs an `invitation to solidarity.' Weil, Lynne // National Catholic Reporter;12/26/97, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p18
Reports on Pope John Paul II's address to the participants of the Synod of Bishops for America, praising its participants and assessing its potential impact. Encouragement of solidarity; Emphasis on furthering the church's mission by lay people.
- The Dinner Guest. // People;April2005 Collector's Edition, Vol. 63, p27
Presents the recollections of Zofia Silkowska who, along with her family, often had Father Karol Wojtyla (Pope John Paul II) as a guest in their home in Wadowice, Poland. Comments from Silkowska regarding the times he came over for dinner and he would converse with the children; Recount of an...
- Papal response to European synod to be published in June. // National Catholic Reporter;5/30/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 30, p9
Reports on the response of Pope John Paul II to the proposals raised by the 1999 Synod of Bishops for Europe in the Vatican City.
- Brazilian bishops warned against political model. Donovan, Gill // National Catholic Reporter;11/1/2002, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p13
Reports on warning issued to bishops by Pope John Paul II on the political role of Catholic Church in Brazil.
- Popular archbishop slain in Colombia. // National Catholic Reporter;3/29/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p4
Reports that Colombian Archbishop Isaias Duarte Cancino has been shot and killed on March 16, 2002 outside a church in Cali after participating at a group wedding ceremony for 52 couples in a poor neighborhood of the city. Information about two men who shot Duarte; Reaction of Pope John Paul II...